South Side Smackdown
- Hosted By Chicago Training Center
- 2019 USRowing Indoor Open Regatta (Special)
This is NOT your parents’ indoor regatta.
February 9th, 2019 - Gage Park Fieldhouse - 9am-1pm
Entry fee includes registration for and individual event and up to 2 team events. All participants must compete in an individual event.
- 2000m: Juniors/Collegiate/Open/Masters/Adaptive - Test your rowing fitness on the classic erg test distance - 2000 meters. Masters and Adaptive athletes may choose to compete in either a 1k or 2k event. Entries in subsequent events will be seeded based on your 2K time. (Straight Finals)
- 1000m: Adaptive/Masters - Adaptive and Masters athletes have the option to compete in the 1000 meter race as is standard for those categories. (Straight Finals)
TEAM EVENTS (All team events have Junior and Open categories. Collegiate and Masters are eligible to compete in Open)
Stage #1 (Competitors may compete in only 1 of the following events)
- Stationary 2x 1K: Teams of two rowers (2x) on 2 staionary ergs racing 1000 meters each (Heats to Finals)
- Slider 2x 1K: Teams of two rowers (2x) on 2 ergs connected by sliders racing 1000 meters each (Heats to Finals) Rhythm AND power are king. This event is not for the faint of heart (nor the Novice rower) and demands the right combination of technical prowess and physical fitness.
- Stationary 4x 250m: Teams of four rowers (4x) on 4 staionary ergs racing 250 meters each (Heats to Finals) Shut your eyes and drop the hammer - it's all over in less than a minute!
Stage #2 (Competitors may compete in only 1 of the following events)
- Relay 4x 2K: Teams of four rowers (4x) on 1 staionary erg racing 2000 meters total (Straight Finals) Fast on, fast off is the key to crossing the finish line first.
- Slider Mixed 4x 1k: Teams of four mix gender rowers (4x) on 4 ergs connected by sliders racing 1000 meters each (Heats to Finals) The ultimate on-land test for your team can find the rythm and swing together. Does your team have what it takes? Prove it!
|Host/LOC||Chicago Training Center|
|Chief Referee||Not yet posted|
|Entry Fees (USD)||
Fee cap: $750.00 per club
Note: to receive the fee cap all entries must be submitted under one account per club