Announcing the Cornhusker State Games Virtual Regatta
- While the pandemic has partially eased its grip, it’s still not completely over. This year, the Omaha Rowing Association will host a virtual regatta for all to enjoy on their own rowing machines (ergs). The event is being held in conjunction with our summer sports festival, the Cornhusker State Games (CSG).
- This regatta will take place virtually and all competitors are responsible for their own facilities and equipment. Competitors will follow all local regulations and safety procedures (including those related to COVID-19).
- There are two race options to compete in the CSG regatta: Live (synchronous) and asynchronous. The live option will take place on July 17, 2021 and will be timed by Time Team. The cost per rower per event is $30. The asynchronous event will occur at any time during the week preceding the live event (July 10 -17). Competitors in the asynchronous option will use the honor system and will validate their race times with a photo of their times and distances on their ergometers Cost per asynchronous rower per event is $25. Rowers may compete in both options and may enter as many events for which they are eligible. Rowers in the Masters category will race 1000 meters. All other competitors will race 2000 meters.
- Please read details under Rules and Eligibility in the REGISTRATION Section.
- Added note: 7/9/21: The Registration Deadline has been extended to July 12.
- Added Note: 7/9/21 Live Events have been Cancelled; Asynchronous Events Remain open.