Row 5K Oar Bust
- Aug 31, 2022
- Virtual, MA (USA)
- Hosted By: Row for the Cure, Hydrow Shorties
Two years ago, a fabulous new rowing team - the Hydrow Shorties - joined the Pink the Boathouse Challenge and quickly became a top fundraising team. Now, this dynamic national group is stepping up again, hosting their own virtual erg event throughout August - Row 5k Oar Bust! and they invite everyone to join the challenge.
"We work out on the Hydrow erg and use its interactive, social media capabilities to encourage and support one another - holding competitions, building a community, and, most importantly to our story, fundraise for causes we are passionate about,” said Erin Naber, team captain for the Shorties. "In our group, we have survivors, ladies currently undergoing treatment, and all of us have friends, family members, and/or coworkers who have fought or are fighting breast cancer. We are excited to launch this new Row for the Cure event and support those who need our help.“
How to get involved:
- Click "Register" on the upper right corner of this page to compete in the 5k
- $10 entry fee
- Form or join a fundraising team on: https://give.classy.org/Row5KOarBust
- Ask your friends, family and teammates to support your effort
- Complete the 5k between August 1-31
- Enter your erg time (with photo verification) and contact details here: RESULTS
- Post your photos on Instagram/rowforthecure Instagram/5k_oar_bust, #row5koarbust, #rowforthecure, #rowingcares
- All participants will receive a Row5k OAR Bust! sticker
- Winners of each division and the Top Fundraiser will receive a Row for the Cure prize and be featured in post event media
- Purchase your Row5k OAR Bust! gear HERE - great styles and colors available!
All funds raised will be donated to Rowing Clubs across the U.S. which empower cancer survivors through rehabilitation and exercise programs. A portion of all funds raised will also be directed to cutting- edge cancer research, conducted by Susan G. Komen, that will lead to new, more effective treatment, ultimately toward reducing cancer related deaths and finding a cure.
Learn more about the Hydrow Shorties here:
|Phone||Please contact regatta via email|
|Chief Referee||Not yet posted|
|Entry Fees (USD)|
|Plus taxes if applicable|