Metropolitan Youth Speed Order
- Mar 21, 2020
- Passaic River
- Kearny, NJ (USA)
- Hosted By: Metropolitan Rowing Club
- 2020 Registered Regatta
METROPOLITAN YOUTH SPEED ORDER
Passaic River, Kearny, NJ
WAIVERS: USRowing Waivers MUST be completed before you will be permitted to race!
- Entries are due by March 16th.
- ALL teams MUST launch out of the Kearny Boathouse site as the river will be closed north of the race start. This includes teams who row out of Nereid, 550, and PRRA - you will NOT have access to the river from your usual launch sites.
- Permits are required by the local fire department for tents and cooking in the park. No fee is involved. Forms can be found on the MYSO Regatta page on Regatta Central and must be turned in prior to race day.
- All rowers/coxswains must have completed USRowing waivers by March 20th.
- Scholarship Opportunity for Senior Rowers/Coxswains - All scholarship entries (How has rowing changed your life?) are to be submitted to email@example.com by March 18th.
- Local teams - we are actively seeking volunteers from local teams. If you would like to volunteer or see what volunteer opportunities are available, please visit our online volunteer registration page: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b094caeab2ea4f94-2020
Important Action REQUIRED for Cooking in the Park
3 permit applications are required for the MYSO Regatta by the local fire department regarding tents and cooking in the park. They can be found by clicking HERE. The Fire Department will be WAIVING the fee involved with these permits. However, all of the schools and/or teams that will be participating in the regatta must have the applicable permits completed and turned in to be allowed to cook/have a tent. Teams that do not have a permit and are found cooking will be in violation of not having a permit and will be shut down and not allowed to cook at the event. NO new permits will be issued the day of the event so it is very important that the applications are returned ASAP.
The Permits are as followed:
1. Propane Cooking Permit - This Permit is for anyone who will be cooking at the event using a Propane Tank regardless of the size. (NOTE: ABSOLUTELY NO COOKING WILL BE ALLOWED UNDER ANY TENTS AND FIRE EXTINGUISHER MUST BE PRESENT & VALID/NOT EXPIRED)
2. Open Flame Cooking - This Permit is for anyone who will be cooking at the event using Charcoal and/or Wood. (NOTE: ABSOLUTELY NO COOKING WILL BE ALLOWED UNDER ANY TENTS AND FIRE EXTINGUISHER MUST BE PRESENT & VALID/NOT EXPIRED)
3. Use of a Tent and/or Canopy - This Permit is ONLY for anyone who will be using any tent that is 30' Long in any direction to include multiple tents tied together that reach a length of 30'. PERMITS ARE NOT NEEDED FOR SINGLE 10'x10' POP UP TENTS THAT ARE NOT TIED TOGETHER. (NOTE: ABSOLUTELY NO COOKING WILL BE ALLOWED UNDER ANY TENTS AND FIRE EXTINGUISHER MUST BE PRESENT & VALID/NOT EXPIRED)
If any School and/or person has a question or concern, please reach out to Juan C. Barroso Jr., Chief Inspector/Fire Official at any time, and he will be able to help you. [201-955-7422 Option 1]
ALL PERMIT APPLICATIONS MUST BE RETURNED TO THE MYSO LOC EMAIL ADDRESS (firstname.lastname@example.org) BY MARCH 15th.
We are actively seeking volunteers from local teams. If you would like to volunteer, or see what volunteer opportunities are available, then please visit our online volunteer registration page: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b094caeab2ea4f94-2020
Scholarship Opportunity for Senior Rowers and Coxswains:
The deadline for the MYSO scholarship essay submission is March 18! Seniors can answer the question below in a one page essay and email it to email@example.com.
Question: How has rowing impacted your life?
|Chief Referee||Stacey Ornitz|
|Entry Fees (USD)||