Dogwood Junior Championship
- Apr 22, 2023 To Apr 23, 2023
- Melton Lake
- Oak Ridge, TN (USA)
- Hosted By: Oak Ridge Rowing Association, Inc.
- USRowing Sanctioned Regatta
2023 Dogwood Junior Championship Regatta
Saturday/Sunday April 22-23, 2023
Hosted by Oak Ridge Rowing Association
697 Melton Lake Drive
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Because we have moved to HereNow, any Late Adds (especially), changes and scratches will need to be handled directly within HereNow by the LOC. Please come see us at the boathouse and we'll take care of it. Thanks.
I hate scratches. Kids hate scratches. Coaches hate scratches. Thanks to everyone for their collective efforts regarding the addition of the YOUTH 3V8+, YOUTH 3V4+, and U17 2V4+ events and a schedule adjustment to the Youth 2V8+ to improve athlete and equipment opportunities and get the Event List and Registration completed.
Standard Registration is closed (with a record 600+ entries!). Entrties have moved to HereNow. HereNow will remain authoritative from this point forward. If you have not completed your lineups, please do that at your earliest opportunity. Further, since we've moved to HereNow, only current/existing entrees can be modified, and the progressions are fixed. Please reach out to [email protected] for adds, moves, and scratches and we will manage those directly in HereNow.
Dogwood C&C Meeting via Zoom
Time: Apr 21, 2023 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Schedule via HereNow: Posted.
Heat Sheets via HereNow: Posted
Results via HereNow: Active
Email [email protected] if you have a specific medical issue that we can attempt to accommodate.
Parking passes are available for guaranteed in and out privleges Saturday and Sunday. Passes available for pick up with paid receipt starting Friday afternoon.
2023 Event Structure
UPDATE: We have protected the original progressions based on entries, in a slight revision that moves a small number of races in to Time Trials, eliminates the need for Heats, ensures that events with 11-12 entries retain the same number of opportunities to race, and adds a third Semifinal to our largest events. Finals structure is unchanged. See the Progressions below.
ORRA will use a 1750-meter Time Trial on Saturday a.m. to establish a rank-ordered list for Events with more than eight entries. . Progressions using the rank-ordered list are as follows.
|Entries||Time Trial||Semi-Final||Petit Final||Grand Final|
|1||-||-||-||Transfer, combine, or cancel|
|2-7||-||-||-||Straight to Final|
|8-10||TT for Top 7||-||-||Top 7|
|11-12||TT for Petit /Grand Final||TT 7-12||TT 1-6|
|13-23||TT. Top 12 Adv.||2 Semi-Finals||Semi 4-6/Semi 4-6||Semi 1-3/Semi 1-3|
|24+||TT. Top 18 Adv.||3 Semi-Finals||Semi 3-4/Semi 3-4/Semi 3-4||Semi 1-2/Semi 1-2/Semi 1-2|
The following progression is anticipated. Based on entries/distribution, minor adjustments may be made.
- If a single entry is received in an event, the LOC will work with the team/athletes to either shift them to another event, potentialy run them combined with a similar event, or allow a cancel/refund.
- For entries of 2-7, that event will go straight to final, racing on Sunday. ORRA may combine two smaller/similar events in to a single event in the interests of total schedule.
- For entries of 8-10, ORRA will use a time trial on Saturday a.m., taking the Top 7 directly to the Sunday Final.
- For entries of 11-12, ORRA will use a time trial, with the Top 6 to a Sunday Grand Final and the 7-12 to a Sunday Petit Final.
- For entries of 13-23, a Time Trial will determine rank-ordered advancement of the top 12 to two semifinals and Petit/Grand Finals.
- For entries of 24 or more, a Time Trial will determine rank-ordered advancement of the top 18 to three semifinals and Petit/Grand Finals.
The Chief Referee will manage the division of entrants in to the Finals. Time trial results will be used to seed lane assignments in the Finals.
Timing: Time Trials will start early Saturday, and run across two parallel lanes on approximate 7-minute event centers. ORRA will have a short break immediately after Time Trials to rotate referees and LOC to the marshalling and start dock and start platform positions. Semi Finals will immediately follow Time Trials. There will be a break on Saturday that allows all Saturday teams to consider the DASH events. Petit and Grand Finals will be executed on Sunday.
|Contact||Oak Ridge Rowing Assoc.|
|Chief Referee||Andrew Cooke|
|Entry Fees (USD)|
|Plus taxes if applicable|
|Max entries||1000 entries. This venue has a restriction on how many entries are permitted. Registration is closed when this cap is reach ( or the deadline passes, whichever occurs first.)|