Midwest Masters Sprints
- Jun 11, 2016
- International Park
- Toledo, OH (USA)
- Hosted By: Toledo Rowing Club
- 2016 Registered Regatta
TRC Waiver - downloadable PDF copy
Toledo Rowing Club / Toledo Rowing Foundation Release of Liability
IN CONSIDERATION of being given the opportunity to participate in any TOLEDO ROWING CLUB and/or TOLEDO ROWING FOUNDATION activity, including but not limited to, scheduled or unscheduled activities, supervised club activities, and registered regattas, during the term March 1, 2014 – March 31, 2015, I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree and represent that I understand the nature of Rowing Activities, both on water and land based, and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity.
2. I FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a.) ROWING ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death (“Risks”); (b.) these Risks and Dangers may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the Releasee named in paragraph 4 below; (c.) there may be other Risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
3. I AGREE AND WARRANT that I will examine and inspect each Activity in which I take part as a member of TOLEDO ROWING CLUB and/or TOLEDO ROWING FOUNDATION and that, if I observe any condition which I consider to be unacceptably hazardous or dangerous, I will notify the proper authority in charge of the Activity and will refuse to take part in the Activity until the condition has been corrected to my satisfaction.
4. I HEREBY RELEASE, discharge, and covenant not to sue TOLEDO ROWING CLUB, the Club, TOLEDO ROWING FOUNDATION, the Regatta, their administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers and employees, other participating regatta organizers, any sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises, on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the Releasees herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasee or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as a result of such claim, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
Printed Name of Participant:
Address, City State Zip: Email Address:
Participant’s Signature: Date:
TOLEDO ROWING CLUB / TOLEDO ROWING FOUNDATION PARENTAL CONSENT
(collectively referred to as “TRC”) (if participant is under the age of 18)
I, the minor’s parent and/or legal guardian, understand the nature or rowing activities and the minor’s experience and capabilities and believe the minor to be qualified to participate in such activity. I understand that TRC does not provide supervision or an adult presence at the boathouse at all times. And therefore, except for scheduled, supervised team activities, rowers under age 18 may be at the boathouse or use TRC equipment (for which they are properly certified) only if they use the buddy-system for all on-and-off water activities, e.g. if they row a single, the buddy system requires the buddy to be present on the water in another single or boat. I hereby release, discharge, covenant not to sue, and AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages on the minor’s account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or part by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations, and further agree that if, despite this release, I, the minor, or anyone on the minor’s behalf makes a claim against any of the above Releasee, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss liability, damage, or cost any may incur as a result of any such claim, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Printed Name of Parent/Guardian:
City, State, Zip:
Phone: Email Address:
Parent/Guardian Signature (only if participant is under the age of 18):