Tail of the Fox
- Oct 7, 2012
- St. Norbert College Campus
- De Pere, WI (USA)
- Hosted By La Baie Verte Rowing Club
- USRowing Registered
The Tail of the Fox Regatta
De Pere, Wisconsin
Sunday, October 7, 2012
It is the fall racing season, and the La Baie Verte Rowing Club invites you to De Pere, Wisconsin, for the 23th Annual Tail of the Fox Regatta. This 2.5-mile head race will again be held on the scenic Fox River on the campus of St. Norbert College, with the finish line in front of the Campus Center/LBVRC boathouse dock.
For those of you who are returning to our event, welcome back to our venue and thanks for coming. If you are new to the event, come on up and see for yourself just how beautiful the Fox River can be in the fall, along with enjoying a great day of racing. The schedule of events will accommodate multiple use of equipment and permit multiple entries for competitors. Coaches, please ensure that all competitors have signed waivers, and anyone younger than 18 years old must include a signed parental consent waiver. This is a USRA sanctioned event, so if you are a USRA member and have signed the USRA on-line waiver, we will accept that.
We look forward to seeing you on the Fox on Sunday, October 7, 2012.
Questions? Please contact:
Steve & Paula Engelhardt, Regatta Co-Chairs, LBVRC
(920) 826-7831 (Home)
(920) 737-9811 (cell; Paula)
(920) 983-3400, ext. 103 (W; Steve)
email@example.com (email; Paula)
Added 30 September 2012
- Due to continuing construction on Highway 41, the Main Avenue exit (Exit 163) into De Pere has been closed until November. If you are coming to the regatta via Highway 41, the Scheuring Road exit (Exit 161) will be the easiest and only way to get into De Pere and St. Norbert College off of Highway 41. Please pass this on to members of your club and spectators coming up for the regatta.
- To all of you hauling boats onto the St. Norbert campus – A traffic arm has been installed in the alleyway that you will use to get into the commons area where trailers and boats are usually parked. Please know that it will automatically swing up as you slowly approach it, and it will swing well out of the way for a trailer to pass by (semi-trucks and trailers use this alleyway all the time).
* Entries are due SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2012. Late entries will be accepted as space allows until WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012.
* Good news -- the Packers are out of town, and hotel rooms should be available. Please check out the Lodging section for some options.
* There is significant construction on U.S. Highway 41 from Appleton north into Green Bay. Please check out the Venue section for links to the Wisconsin DOT for the latest construction information, or call/email. If you will be hauling a trailer and coming to the regatta via Highway 41, the easiest access will be the Scheuring Road exit (Exit 161) into De Pere.
* There will be a number of doubles available for rental/sale the day of the regatta from Stroke Seat. Please check out the Merchandise section for addition information.