Australian Masters Rowing Championships
- Apr 25, 2013 To Apr 28, 2013
- Canberra, ACT (AUS)
- Hosted By: Rowing New South Wales
Celebrating Canberra’s Centenary
2013 marks 100 year’s since the naming of Canberra, our national capital and home of the Australian story. The Centenary of Canberra offers an opportunity for Australians to revisit and re-imagine their national capital-the city that tells the story of our country’s freedom of spirit, achievements and aspirations. Visit Canberra100 for the year-long program of celebrations.
Canberra Tourism’s website also provides advice on what to do in Canberra during Autumn 2013.
Top picks from our OC include:
- The dawn service at the Australian War Memorial
- The newly opened National Arboretum
- Ride a bike around Lake Burley Griffin. Map here.
- Check out the latest exhibitions at one of the national cultural institutions: NGA (Toulouse Lautrec until 9 April), National Portrait Gallery, National Museum of Australia, National Botanic Gardens, National Library of Australia (exhibition on the Griffins), Parliament House, Old Parliament House, National Archives of Australia, National Film & Sound Archive
- Londsdale St, Braddon for shopping, eating, coffee
- Yarralumla shops: closest cafes; food shops, outside the regatta village site
- Australian Institute of Sport
- Operamania 23 to 25 April
- Take a walk in Namadgi National Park or Tidbinbilla: Mt Tennant or Booroomba Rocks walks
- Footy games in town: AFL (Giants versus Gold Coast Suns at Manuka Oval 27 April); Rugby League Test (Australia vs New Zealand at Canberra Stadium Bruce, 19 April); and Rugby Union (Brumbies versus Force at Canberra Stadium, 27 April)