4th Annual New England Junior & High School Regional Championship Regatta
- Oct 13, 2013
- Lake Quinsigamond
- Worcester, MA (USA)
- Hosted By: Lake Quinsigamond Community Rowing, Shrewsbury High School Crew
- USRowing Registered (Self-Insured regatta)
Please note we've had to update the parking/logistics information for Sunday, as follows:
- Park opens at 5:30am on Sunday
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow chuck wagons/team support vehicles into the Regatta Point parking lot. Please have your parents unload along Lake Ave.
- Vehicle parking will be at Shrewsbury High School. Parking is free. We will run a shuttle in a loopfrom Shrewsbury High School, to the Donahue Rowing Center, to Regatta Point and then back to the HS. We will charge $5 per car for the first shuttle trip.
- Buses should park at the High School as well.
- Shrewsbury High School is located at: 64 Holden Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545 (This is just north of Lake Quinsigamond)
- We will be asking for a $5 donation from all adult spectators entering the park.
The course will run from the Narrows to the DRC for novices and sculling events. The Varsity course will run from the Shrewsbury side of the big island, straight up through the Narrows (Novice & Sculling Start) and ending at the DRC.
NOTE THAT WE DO NOT YET KNOW EXACTLY WHICH ARCH(S) WILL BE USED DURING THE RACE DUE TO ONGOING CONSTRUCTION. THAT WILL BE CLARIFIED AT THE COXSWAINS MEETING
Crews should keep the line of buoys to the PORT side of the boat at all times.
Novices & Sculling: 2 miles
Varsity: 2.5 miles