Maine Indoor Rowing Championship
- Feb 14, 2015
- University of New England
- Portland, ME (USA)
- Hosted By Portland Community Rowing Association
Registration is now open and will close on February 11th, 2015*
*There will be an additional fee for day-of registration. Pre-registration online is greatly encouraged
High School $10
High School $15
Athlete Rules and Regulations:
Registration is from 9:30-10:15 am.
First heat will kick off at 10:30 am
● Rowers must compete under their own names. Use of a pseudonym or other false
identification will lead to disqualification. In addition, entrants are not permitted to
compete in place of friends or teammates. There are no entry substitutions for liability reasons.
● All competitors must wear shirt and shorts on the event floor, including the Bullpen
area. Uni-suits, bodysuits, all-in-ones are also allowed.
● Rowers may set the drag factor BEFORE their races begin, but may not adjust the
setting during the race itself. Doing so will lead to disqualification.
● Due to safety concerns, we strongly discourage the use of headphones during the
● Each rower can have one coxswain, one chair will be provided per erg. M.I.R.C. volunteers are available to serve as coxswains if desired and will record scores manually as backup to
the computer timing. All competitors must check-in with a volunteer at their particular erg to confirm heat and erg assignments.
● All competitors will row on Concept2 Model D Ergometers with PM 4 monitors.
● Qualification times are NOT required to compete in the M.I.R.C. The event is open
to all competitors regardless of experience/skill levels.
● The format for the M.I.R.C. is “finals only.” Competitors will be seeded based upon
their age and will row only once. Keep in mind that this event may require multiple heats
to accommodate all athletes. The best overall time will win each age group.
● Hammers will be awarded to the winner of each category raced as determined by
classification of age and gender.