Head Up the Creek
- Mar 6, 2016
- False Creek
- Vancouver, BC (CAN)
- Hosted By: False Creek Rowing Club
This year the overall winner of the regatta (as determined by comparing individual crew times against their predicted times) will be named the City of Vancouver Rowing Champion by proclamation of Mayor Gregor Robertson.
They will still get their cake, and I suppose they will eat it too. They will also have their names affixed to our trophy, and be presented City of Vancouver Rowing Champion glassware.
The alumni events will be available again this year where we welcome crews who wish to relive past glories (real or imagined) and row on False Creek to see if they still have it.
And once again, we will have options for the open water rowers among us for singles and doubles, particularly those from one of our closest neighbouring clubs: Club Locarno at the Jericho Sailing Centre at Spanish Banks.
Please note: photographic images are incidental to attendance. Images may be used by the False Creek Rowing Club without permission or compensation.
- 7:45 am Bow Person and Cox meeting at the top of the ramp by the map
- 8:00 Umpires Meeting with Regatta Chair
- 8:30 Launch for first flight opens
- 8:50 Beach Closes for para-rowers
- 9:00 Beach Closes
- 9:30 First Flight begins
- 10:25 First Flight completes
- 10:30 Launch for second flight opens
- 11:00 Beach Closes
- 11:30 Second Flight begins
- 12:10 Second Flight completes
- 1:00 pm Prizegiving