Atomic City Turn & Burn
- Hosted By: Oak Ridge Rowing Association, Inc.
2017 Atomic City Turn & Burn
hosted by Oak Ridge Rowing Association
697 Melton Lake Drive
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
office phone: 865-482-6538
Regatta Director: Sarah McAuliffe - [email protected]
- NEW AS OF 2016! Oak Ridge Rowing Association is now offering premium parking to spectators! At a first come first serve basis, spectators will be able to purchase a limited number of parking passes for $10 for continous access to the boathouse parking lot. Limited supply. If you do not have a parking pass, you will not be allowed in the boathouse parking lot. Volunteers will be on site to assist you. Parking passes will be sold at the entrance of the parking lot, the morning of the regatta.
- Parking at the Oak Ridge Rowing Venue is controlled. Volunteers will be on hand to assist you.
- As the regatta continues to grow in size parking for teams and spectators become limited. Please follow the posted signs to the appropriate parking areas.
- Trailers are to set up in marked area and tow vehicles are not permitted to park in trailer parking area. Check-in with ORRA Office prior to parking any shell trailer or unloading of equipment to Oak Ridge Rowing Venue.
- Buses will be allowed to drop off athletes in parking lot in front of boathouse. Buses will be required to park in a designated area off site.
- Spectator parking is allowed down both shoulders of Melton Lake Drive. PLEASE USE CAUTION WITH TRAFFIC.
- Handicap Parking will always be available in the boathouse parking lot.
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, The city of Oak Ridge lies in the ridge-valley topography of Eastern Tennessee. The City is ~15 minutes off I-40 and I-75. If you have any questions about directions please call the Oak Ridge Boathouse (865)482-6538.
FROM THE KNOXVILLE'S McGHEE TYSON AIRPORT - Leaving McGhee Tyson Airport North on Highway 129 to Interstate 140 (to Oak Ridge) travel 11 miles to merge into Pellissippi Parkway (TN-162N): (see Pellissippi Parkway below.)
• FROM THE NORTH (LEXINGTON, KY)
Interstate 75 SOUTH to Exit 122 to Oak Ridge via the Clinton Highway 61. (see Exit 122 - Highway 61 below.)
• FROM THE SOUTH (CHATTANOOGA, TN)
Interstate 75 NORTH (to Knoxville) Exit 84 onto I-40 EAST. (see From the West I-40 EAST)
• FROM THE NORTH (BRISTOL, TN)
Interstate 81 SOUTH to Interstate 40 WEST. Follow below directions From the East (40 WEST).
• FROM THE EAST on I-40 (ASHVILLE, NC)
Interstate 40 WEST. Exit 393 (I-640) around Knoxville. From Interstate I-640, take the exit 3B to Clinton (25W). (see Exit 3B - Clinton Highway - US25W below.)
• FROM THE WEST on I-40 (NASHVILLE, TN)
Interstate 40, take Exit 376 (Maryville/Oak Ridge) to Oak Ridge via the Pellissippi Parkway (TN-162N). EXIT 376A (see Pellissippi Parkway below.)
USING LOCAL HIGHWAYS
• Exit 376A - TN-162 'Pellissippi Parkway'
On a long exit ramp which in 0.8 miles will merge into Pellissippi Parkway (TN-162N). Once on Pellissippi (TN-162,N), continue 6 miles on TN-162 merges into TN-62 'Oak Ridge Highway'. Continue on TN-62 west .4 miles through Solway (small town) and over the Clinch River bridge to Edgemoor Road (TN-170). Exit sign on your right. (see Hwy 170-'Edgemoor Drive' below)
• Exit 3B - US-25W 'Clinton Highway'
Once on Clinton Highway 25W continue for 12 miles through Powell (medium town) to light in Claxton (small town). Turn left on to Edgemoor Road (TN-170) (see Hwy 170-'Edgemoor Drive' below)
• Hwy 170-'Edgemoor Drive'
• Traveling West from Clinton Highway - 3.0 miles you will pass the TVA Bullrun Steam Plant then cross the Edgemoor Bridge to first light. Turn right at light onto Melton Lake Dr. (see below)
• Traveling East from Pellissippi Parkway - 2.3 miles to first light. Exit on the 'Melton Lake Drive' ramp to the right onto Melton Lake Dr. (see 'Melton Lake Drive' below)
• Exit 122 - Highway 61
Follow Highway 61 through Clinton to Oak Ridge. Within 20 minutes, you will pass a blue Oak Ridge welcome sign on your right. Continue 0.3 miles after WELCOME sign to first light after sign. Turn left at light onto Melton Lake Dr. (see 'Melton Lake Drive' below)
MELTON LAKE DRIVE
• Traveling South from Edgemoor- The Oak Ridge Rowing Association Boathouse is 2.2 miles on your right.
• Traveling North from Oak Ridge Turnpike- The Oak Ridge Rowing Association is 1.2 miles ahead on the left.