Schuylkill Navy Regatta
- Jun 17, 2017
- Philadelphia, PA (USA)
- Hosted By Schuylkill Navy
- 2017 Registered Regatta
6/15 Update Sent via Email-
Race day is fast approaching & we cannot wait to see everyone! Entries are up from 2017 (yay!) & we are hard at work getting everything ready for a fair, safe, fun regatta. Along those lines, we have some lane restrictions due to course conditions PLEASE READ BELOW for further information.
- Pairs & Singles racing 2,000m will NOT be racing in Lane 6. On top of our pairs & singles completely staying out of Lane 6 we are limiting its use whenever possible.
- What does this mean? The progression from events with heats & finals changes slightly.
- If a 2k Pair/Single event has TWO HEATS- The Top 2 places from each heat will progress along with the Next Best Time (giving us a 5 boat final).
- If a 2k Pair/Single event has THREE HEATS- The Winner of each heat progresses along with the Two Next Best Times (giving us a 5 boat final).
- Doubles, Quads, Fours, & Eights will have 6 boat finals when needed. Currently, the only race advancing 6 boats from heats to final is Event #36, Men's Junior 2x.
- All 1,000m races will use all 6 lanes, below Strawberry Mansion Bridge is clear with the worst spots being between the 2k start & the bridge.
This change in progression IS reflected in the online schedule & is the reason we needed to keep the schedule offline until today. We promise, we aren't trying to be secretive!
MIsc Odds & Ends of Importance-
- Coaches & Cox'n Meeting scheduled for 7a at the Regatta HQ Tent (located just downriver of Gillin Boathouse at the Return Dock).
- Weigh Ins are open from 7a-9a in the same general area as the Regatta HQ Tent.
- Kelly Drive will be closed & you will require a parking pass for entry. CLICK HERE to download & print for the dashboard of your car.
- Competitors are in charge of providing their own bow numbers, we will have packs of 6 available for purchase at Regatta HQ ($15).
- Masters lineups CANNOT BE CHANGED less than 2 hours prior to the start of their race.
- CLICK HERE for the current schedule.
- CLICK HERE to see the volunteer signup. Hey, you can't blame a regatta organizer for trying, right??
6/15- Heat Sheets posted on RowTown.org CLICK HERE
6/2- Volunteer Link NOW LIVE! CLICK HERE to visit the SignUp Genius & become part of the behind the scenes fun.
5/16- Registration is OFFICIALLY OPEN!