13th James River Sprints
- Apr 14, 2018
- James River
- Richmond, VA (USA)
- Hosted By James River Rowers
Thank you for visiting the 13th James River Sprints
We hate red tape, but here is the important information for coaches in advance of our regatta:
1. Heat Sheets - Tentative heat sheets will be posted on Regatta Central. We reserve to make additional changes or modifications as needed. A final version will be posted on Friday. Please attend the coaches/coxswains meeting for the latest updates if any.
2. Event Registration - Payment is due by the Tuesday prior to the event, and there are no refunds after this date. All teams must check in at the event registration desk upon arrival, and before the coach/cox meeting.
3. Parking - The park is closed from 9pm to 6:30am. If you cannot arrive within these hours, please contact 804-677-8099 to coordinate your trailer parking. Parking at the venue is strictly limited only to tow vehicles with boat trailers and food trailers. Please let parents, bus drivers, and other guests know that they must park at James River High School and walk down the paved path to the park. (Buses may drop off the team, but must return to the school to park) ALL PARKING must be at the James River High School lots. It is about a 4/10 mile walk to the park from the school. There is no parking along the roadways between the school and the park. Boat trailers may park in designated spaces waterside only with the direction of our volunteer parking staff. Vehicles carrying food tent supplies may drop off as quickly as possible and return to the James River High School parking lots during the event. Food trailers may be dropped at your camp, but the tow vehicle will need to return to James River HS to park. Buses with rowers may drop off kids, but must return to James River HS for parking. The only parking inside the park will be for referees, emergency personnel, event staff, and very limited spaces for handicapped vehicles. Please, please comply with our parking staff, so that we can have a safe and efficient regatta.
4. Dock Safety and efficiency - The venue has only one large dock for both launch and recovery. It is VITAL that you discuss with your team several matters: A) due to overcrowding concerns, coaches are asked not to go on the dock with rowers. B) boats need to launch as quickly as possible, and overly slow boats may be penalized or disqualified if the Dock Master's instructions are not followed. Please allow a maximum 90 seconds to launch or recover your boat. C) Launch and recovery helpers assisting with baskets and oars are required and should get in and out immediately to avoid crowding issues and a time penalty. D) Please have all of the heel ties checked before coming down to launch and check all the equipment so as to facilitate a smooth launch process. Remember Bow numbers. E) When wet, the dock ramp can be VERY slippery. Especially when carrying a boat overhead. Coxswains should approach very gently and remind your boat mates about this in advance. Please exercise good judgement, and appreciate we are working our hardest to run an efficient schedule.
5. Communications/Text Tree - We are again using a text messaging system to communicate with teams and officials! To sign up, simply follow this link: To sign up, simply follow this link: rmd.at/df4hh , or you can also just text the message @df4hh to phone number 81010. When signed up, you will receive a text message to announce each event call, unofficial results, important messages, and Q&A with the organizers. It makes for dramatically improved communications, so please encourage all coaches, rowers, parents and guest to follow the very easy instructions attached to sign up. It's only good for this event, so no need to worry about a group chat that never dies!
6. Medical Form - The head ref has requested that each team provide the name (optional but helpful), event number, bow number, and seat number for any rower that has the following medical conditions, including if they have an inhaler or epi-pen: Asthma, Diabetes, Allergies. This information should be emailed to email@example.com no later than Friday at 1pm.
7. Emergency contact info - Please feel free to call or text if you have any serious issues arriving at the venue or during the event. 804-677-8099.
8. Have Fun - We strive for a fun, relaxed, and friendly regatta. Let us know if we can do anything to improve your experience, and the fan experience as well. We will be sending out a survey after the event, and encourage you to provide us with feedback on every aspect of our regattas, both good and bad.
Thanks for racing with us!