Row for Autism
- Apr 15, 2018
- North Hempstead Beach Park
- Port Washington, NY (USA)
- Hosted By Friends of Port Rowing
- USRowing Registered
Races will be held at Hempstead Harbor, Port Washington, NY. Boats will wet launch from the finish area into the warm up lanes. Use North Hempstead Beach Park for GPS directions.
Chuck Wagons and use of Grills
Chuck wagons and spectators will use the north lot, #2
Chuck wagons may have access to the boardwalk to unload beginning at 7 am. We ask all vehicles be removed by 7:45 am. Parking is available in the north lot.
Vehicles can return for pick up once racing is complete.
The Town of North Hempstead ordinance prohibits grills and open flames and generators on the beach. There is a designated grilling area in the park, away from the beach for use.
Food trucks and vendors will be on site throughout the day.
· Rosie’s Grilled Cheese Truck has a great range of specialty sandwiches, snacks and beverages.
· Crazy Cakes Cupcake Truck will have an assortment of homemade cupcakes and coffee.
· Luv Michael granola. Nut free, organic, locally sourced granola.
· M. E. Keyser/Oars jewelry will be on site for custom jewelry orders.
· Row for Autism gear available for purchase
Course for Sunday, April 15 2018 due to the wind conditions.
- Because we race on the Eastern side of the harbor, crews will launch and go up to the start staying on the west side of the course.
- We advise to launch and go straight to the start, limit your time on the water due to the possible windy conditions.
- After passing the finish row back to the beach and return to the trailer area.