Midwest Summer Sprints Championships
- Hosted By Westerville Rowing Club
- 2018 Registered Regatta
We wanted to thank you again for choosing to come to race at the Inaugural Midwest Summer Sprints at Dillon Lake. Below is some key information which we hope you will find useful as race day approaches this weekend.
1. Directions - Use the following GPS Address to find the race venue... There is a long curving road that actually enters the park and heads to the large parking lot. There are hundreds of spots so parking should not be an issue.
5265 Dillon Hills Drive
Nashport, OH 43830-9568
2. Venue and Maps - Please see the "venue link" on regatta central for both course, parking, and site setup maps.
3. Trailer Parking/Boat Storage - We hope to be able to let crews park their trailers on the "lower level" in the "boat trailer area" indicated on the maps provided. As you arrive at the site, please call Jeff or Derek to determine if this is possible or where to park your trailer. If the ground is "wet" on the lower level, we will let you drive down, and drop boats off (while staying parked on the gravel road) and then you will need to park your trailer in the upper lot (parking spots indicated on the map, closer to the park entrance for trailers...there is AMPLE Room).
4. Schedule - We expect the first race to be at 9am based on entries. We will have the C and C meeting at 8AM at the finish line area.
5. Results/Schedule - We will be using HERENOW to post results and the schedule/heat sheets. Please see www.herenow.com for race day information and results.
6. Safety - First Aid will be available by the finish area. 911 will only be available via cell phone. All boats should be checked for boat safety (heel ties and bow balls) before heading to the cove to launch.
7. Launch/Recovery - Boats will launch off of 2 large docks in the cove area, and will WET RECOVERY in the sandy area beyond the finish line.
8. Bow Numbers - PLEASE bring your own bow numbers. We will have limited numbers available at the site.
9. Amenities at the site - There are restrooms in the park at hte site, at the entrance end of the parking lot, and at the top of the hill closer to the water. There will also be portapotty's down on the lower level. There are tennis courts, basketball courts at the site in addition to the beach.
10. Vendors - There will be a few vendors at hte site. T-shirts, Dan's Deli (cold sandwiches and grilled items), and Steamin Joes/KRA Cups (Coffee, Smoothies, Juice, Water, and other snacks).
11. Arrival/Practice on the course - Team may arrive with trailers on Friday after 10am. Staff will be present overnight for safety. Teams may practice on the course Friday between 3-7pm, but will do so at their own risk. The park is "open" to the public during this time, and the LOC will not have a marshal on the water.
Questions/Concerns/Issues: On race day or before, Race Central/Results, etc. will all be setup at the finish area (a large conrete pier jutting out into the water which will be obvious). Pleae come there with questions/concerns.
We look forward to having a great event.