OKC Riversport Erg Challenge
- Feb 16, 2019
- Cox Convention Center
- Oklahoma City, OK (USA)
- Hosted By OKC Riversport
Rules and Regulations
- All Lightweights and Coxswains must weigh-in before their assigned heat.
- The weigh-in area is located next to the warm up area.
- Any Lightweight or coxswain competitor that does not make weight will be allowed to compete at their pre-assigned time, but his/her result will be placed into the Open division for that category. Coxswains will have the option to weigh-in for the Lightweight category if they fail to weigh-in as a Coxswain.
- As a reminder, please note the weight restrictions:
Lightweight Men = 165 lbs max
Lightweight Women = 135 lbs max
Coxswain Men = 130 lbs max
Coxswain Women = 120 lbs max
Warm-up ergs will be available for use by all competitors adjacent to the competition portion of the race floor.
Event Classifications for 2018
- Open - No age restrictions
- Lightweight – Men – 165 lbs max, Women – 135 lbs max
- Junior – Restricted to entrants in high school (or lower grade) born on or after January 1, 1999. Junior age is calculated based on calendar year.(Note: High school students ineligible by their birth date for the Junior events will race in the Junior heats, but their times will be designated as High School competitors ranked within the Open results.)
- Junior Novices are those that started rowing after June 1, 2018.
- Junior Freshman are in 9th grade or below
- Master 30-39 – no handicapping, age is determined as of the actual race day.
- Senior 40+ – no handicapping, grouped in five-year age categories based on age as of the actual race day. age is determined as of the actual race day.
All competitors will row on Concept2 Model D Ergometers. Rowers may set the drag factor BEFORE their races begin, but may not adjust the setting during the race itself. Doing so will lead to disqualification. The event is open to all competitors regardless of experience/skill levels. Rowers must compete under their own names. All competitors must wear shirt and shorts on the event floor, including the Warm-up area. Uni-suits, bodysuits, all-in-ones are also allowed. Due to safety concerns, we discourage the use of headphones during the competition. The format for the races is finals only. Competitors will be seeded based upon their submitted erg scores and row only once. Keep in mind that many events are large enough to require multiple heats to accommodate all athletes. The best overall time will win each event. Medals will be awarded to the winner of each category raced as determined by classification of age, weight, and gender. Competitors are only eligible to win a prize for the event in which they are entered.
Corporate Rowing Challenge Event
- Corprate Rowing Challenge Women's 4+ - no handicapping, must be 17yrs or older.
- Corprate Rowing Challenge Co-Ed Mixed 4+ - no handicapping must be 17yrs or older. Teams must have at least 2 females and no more than 2 males per team..
- Corporate Rowing Challenge Open mixed 4+ - no handicapping 17 yrs or older. Open to any female to male ratio.
Must have group of 4 to enter. Teams of 4 compete in a 10 minute erg challenge. Medals are awarded to the top 3 teams with the highest total average meters.
Interpretation of Rules
The meaning and application of these rules will be determined solely by the Race Committee. All deliberations and decisions by the Race Committee will be secret, arbitrary, and final.