- Feb 3, 2019
- Chiles Center - University of Portland
- Portland, OR (USA)
- Hosted By Portland/Vancouver Rowing Association
Race schedule is posted!
The 2019 CybERG Indoor Rowing Regatta will be held on February 3, 2019 at the University of Portland's Chiles Athletic Center. CybERG is a one-day event with racing scheduled to begin around 8:15 am (Final Schedule will be published once registration closes - the goal is by 12pm on Saturday, Feb 2). Admission is free to all spectators. Doors will open at 7:00am on Sunday.
- Registration is open now!
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE is February 1, 2019 @ 6:00 PST
- NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 6:00pm on February 1, 2019!
- Scratches accepted until 8:00am on February 3rd. No refunds.
$15 per individual per race
$20 masters team relay (Combination of 4 participants). Note: Per requests from 2018, the relay event was moved "up" in the event list/schedule because "what's another 500m?" -
FREE events for Youth and Coxswain 500m Dash.
A 2019 rowing calendar will be awarded to overall winners in all individual events as determined by classification based on age, weight, and gender. Competitors are only eligible to win a prize for the event in which s/he is registered. Team relay events, Coxswain and Youth event competitors will receive a special "Box o' Donuts" team award.
Race results will be available both on site and online. If you are a top finisher, report to the awards area and identify yourself.
Absolutely no refunds after registration closes on February 1, 2019 @ 6:00PM PST
All registrations and waivers will be completed using Regatta Central and must be completed prior to the event. All club / team participants must complete a 2019 USRowing waiver through Regatta Central's Waiver Portal. All unaffiliated participants must complete the waiver link below:
- Link to required WAIVER. Please PRINT and FILL OUT and SIGN. Finally, bring it with you to CHECK IN.
By registering for an event, all competitors agree to abide by the Race Organizers and Timing Staff decisions as final.
- Rowers must compete under their own names. Use of pseudonym or other false identification will lead to disqualification.
- Entrants are not permitted to compete in place of friends or teammates. There are no entry substitutions for liability reasons.
- All rowers are responsible to check official race time for their event, as of race day. Every effort will be made to make the final race schedule available by Saturday of race weekend.
- All competitors must wear a shirt to cover their torso and shorts while on the event floor. Uni-suits, bodysuits, all-in-ones are also allowed.
- Rowers may set the drag factor BEFORE their races begin, but may not adjust the setting during the race itself. Doing so will lead to disqualification.
- The use of performance enhancing drugs is not permitted.
- All competitors will row on Concept2 Model D Ergometers with PM 4 monitors.
- The Format for CybERG is “finals only.” The best overall time will win each event.
- All entrants must be 12 years old or older on race day. No exceptions.
Race Day Information
Check in opens at 7 am. It is recommended that athletes check in two hours prior to the start of their race, to have time to get acquainted with the facility and to warm up. All athletes must sign a waiver. Minors checking in without a parent or guardian present will need to bring a signed copy of the waiver with them.
Warm-up ergs will be available for use by all competitors adjacent to the competition floor. Final warm-up strokes may be taken on the competition floor during the 5 minutes prior to race time. For fixed-seat races, please bring your own equipment to set up a machine for warm-up and racing (contact Pasha Spencer with any questions on timing 503-896-3721).
Athletes should be on their competition erg 5 minutes prior to the start of their race. The competition floor is a restricted area. Competitors will be called to the floor once the prior race has finished. Each athlete is allowed to bring one person onto the competition floor during their race. Once a race is over, athletes are asked to immediately clear the competition floor. This allows the regatta to stay running on time. Warm up ergs may be used for additional cool down.
Admission to watch the event is free of charge. Spectators are not allowed on the competition floor.
The Concept2 Model D ergometers used at CybERG are available for purchase at the conclusion of the event at a discounted price. We have 2 for sale this year, please contact Pasha Spencer for more information (503-896-3721).