Palm Beach Indoor Rowing Championship
- Feb 16, 2019
- Burns Rd. Recreation Center
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL (USA)
- Hosted By North Palm Beach Rowing Club
Entries ARE coming in via the event website, so don't be discouraged if you don't see many listed here. We will post a summary of entries very soon to this site for your visibility. Watch out - at least one former Olympian entered in our hightest men's age bracket!
ADDED: We have added an Open Men's and Open Women's 1-Minute challenge event. No age restrictions. If we get enough entries in these events, we will offer age categories by decade (20+, 30+, 40+ etc)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for team discounts and fee caps.
Here are a few important points about this race.
- All 1000m events are "open" weight, i.e. no weight category.
- Team events are 4-people total. You may have a non-rowing coxswain available to provide motivation, synchronize rating, etc. Mixed = 2 men, 2 women.
- For team events, the average of all four participants must fall within the stated age range of that event.
- 4-Minute Sprint event: The four team members all row at once using C2s connected on slides. The total combined meters rowed in a 4-minute period is hte team's score. Greatest distance wins. Synchronization and teamwork are the key to this event!
- 6000m Relay event: One rower at a time on a single C2 machine. Each member of the 4-person team can row at any rate they wish, and remain on the machine for any distance the team determines. All four rowers must row at least once, however. Transitions can be done in any safe manner of your choice.
- The organizers reserve the right to combine age categories as needed to ensure a minimum of three participants in each event. If this happens, we will do our best to notify participants beforehand.
- If you don't see a particular event listed, or if you've got a great idea for a new event, shoot us an email at email@example.com!