Ohio Governors Cup Regatta
- Apr 26, 2008
- Griggs Resevoir
- Columbus, OH (USA)
- Hosted By: Central Ohio Rowing
- 2016 Registered Regatta
A few important reminders regarding the Ohio Governor's CupRegatta:
- Access to the regatta site (the area north of Fishinger Road bridge) closes to all trailer traffic at 7:40 a.m. on Saturday morning. You must have your boats and gear unloaded, with the trailer moved back to the trailer lot (south of Fishinger Road bridge) prior to 7:40 a.m.
- Please make sure all team members and parents know that the city will ticket cars that park on the grass. Please park in the designated areas outlined in the entry packet.
- There will be security over night at the park.
- Weigh in for lightweights are from 5pm to 7pm
- Registration (packet pickup, waivers, and fees) will be available 5pm to 7pm
- If you are planning on practicing on Friday, you must follow the following traffic pattern: North from the docks along east shoreline, cross over at the large buoys or at the bridge and head south down the course in lane 6 (west shore line). DO NOT USE THE MIDDLE OF THE COURSE.
- We have a full slate of races. Having your coxswains and rowers prepared will help in the races going off on time. As such, please have them:
- Prepared to back into a start platform from a reasonable distance.
- Be able to scull the bow around in case of wind. Also maintain that point during the starting commands.
- Move on and off the docks within 2 minutes of stepping foot on them. All boats launching and recovering should have blade carriers there to assist.
- The coaches and coxswains meeting will start promptly at 6:30 a.m. at the control commission area (docks), with the first race launching at 6:55 a.m.
- Too speed up Saturday morning, you my weigh in your lightweights on Friday afternoon from 5-7 p.m. I would encourage you to do so if possible.
- Please remember that you are responsible for bow numbers. The LOC will not provide bow numbers.
- Event 17 Novice 4+ is being run as flights. Medals will be awarded for each flight. Trophy points will not be awarded for Event 17.