116th Annual NWIRA Championship Regatta

  • Hosted By Kenora Rowing Club
  • Sanctioned by RCA and Manitoba Rowing Association

The Association was founded in 1885 by the Winnipeg Rowing Club, the Minnesota Boat Club and the Saint Paul Lurline Rowing Club, and was originally named "The Minnesota and Winnipeg Rowing Association".

The Association was dormant from 1897 to 1905 during the Boer and American-Spanish Wars. In 1905 the Association was revived in as the "Mid-West-Canada Rowing Association" and the annual regatta was held in 1906 on Lake Minnetonka just West of Minneapolis, MN. In 1909 the North West International Rowing Association name was adopted.

Kenora has hosted the NWIRA Championship Regatta 24 times, 9 at Lake of the Woods and 15 at Rabbit Lake.  The first NWIRA in Kenora was held at the Lake of the Woods on July 29-30, 1910.