Provincetown Coastal Rowing Regatta & Mini Triathlon
- Jun 6, 2020
- 5th Annual • Provincetown Harbor (Surfside Hotel)
- Provincetown, MA (USA)
- Hosted By: Orleans Sweeps and Sculls
The day of the race, various items of importance for your stay in Provincetown and a map of the course, your boat number, the officials, rules, and the heat sheet will be available when you check-in at the Regatta headquarters at Surfside on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
Safety/ Emergency Plan, other rules and regulations (Click here to download this information)
1. LOGO “T” SHIRT IDENTIFIES OFFICIALS (referees, LOC members, volunteers)
2. ALL ROWERS AND OTHER REGATTA STAFF OR PARTICIPANTS (no exceptions):
a. MUST SIGN OUT (verbal directive) WHEN GOING ON THE WATER*
b. MUST SIGN BACK-IN (verbal directive) WHEN COMING OFF WATER*
c. MUST COME DIRECTLY OFF THE WATER AFTER YOUR RACE AND WARM DOWN.
d. Rules at US Rowing and US Coast Guard require a life jacket (s) to be in your boat.
*BEACH MARSHALL WILL BE RADIOED TO KEEP RECORD OF NAMES OR BOW #S OF THOSE THE SIGNED-IN AND OUT.
3. EMERGENCY/SAFETY PLAN FOR JUNE 1st
-For all injury on water or land, big or small-
TWO EQUALLY GOOD COMMUNICATION ROUTES:
- Harbormasters Department (HM): staff radio system. (They have police band radio)
- Rescue/police/fire by cell-phone (same line) 508-487-1212
Please report all personal injuries big and small using person’s name &/or bow number on boat.
TRANSPORT FOR THE INJURED PERSON(S) TO MEET UP WITH RESCUE/MEDICAL TEAM:
- Via Harbormasters vessels if far out on the course.
- Via inflatable boats on the course.
- Via the beach between St. Mary’s and Kendall
(A harbormasters vessel, as necessary, will transport to MacMillan Pier to meet rescue vehicle. Rescue vehicle/team can access the east-end beach at any point.)
4. Control Commission
- Check that all boats have life vests/towing eye 100mm above waterline with 15m towing line attached/boat registration numbers
- Radios/cell phones are permitted
- The first 120 cm of each side of the boat in the section occupied by the rowers is reserved for the sponsor of the organizing committee
- Ensure a map of the course on display
- Have a clock set to regatta time
- Have sufficient heat sheets for competitors
- Record crews as they check in, and ensure each boat has a number and a competitor wears a crew number AND CHECK OUT OFF WATER.