FSRA Sculling Championships
- Hosted By: Florida Scholastic Rowing Association
- 2021 Registered Regatta
Interactive map of Nathan Benderson Park, Sarasota, FL
MASKS ARE REQUIRED by anyone on the island at ALL times when they are on land. Masks may be removed once a boat has left the dock and must be put back on before they come back on land.
- Access to regatta registration area (2nd floor tower) requires a surgical mask or multi-ply cloth mask; no gators, no buffs, no masks with vents allowed. Team reps will wait on 2nd floor outdoor deck until invited in to conduct business. Please use deck access stairs; elevator is restrict access for officials only.
Trailers - We will provide a map of where the trailers will go that will likely be posted the day before the arrival day once we coordinate it with Nathan Benderson Park.
Parking – Island access will be restricted as follows; teams found in violation will be removed from competition.
- Team buses – will be allowed to park on the island entrance loop.
- Tow vehicles/car toppers - will be allowed entry to unload; no retry until after regatta ends Sunday. Tow Vehicles may be left in place attached to their trailer.
- Support Vehicles – each team will be provided 2 passes for daily access. Passes must remain visible in the windshield while the vehicle is on the island.
- All others – parking is off site in the Green Lot by the mall; NO stopping or athletes drop off/pick up along Cattleman Road. Some walking will be required. See Parking Map
Individuals on the Island - Only athletes and support staff will be allowed on the island.
- Friday – everyone will pass thru temperature check; teams need to pick up credentials for race day access
- Saturday – everyone must have a credential to get a temperature check and will receive daily wristband
- Sunday – everyone must have a credential to get a temperature check and will receive daily wristband
Spectators - We are lucky to have an awesome venue for spectators along the entire 1500m race course. The access road will be blocked to vehicles allowing the entire west shoreline to be open to the public and spectators. See Overview MAP
Food – NO food tent set ups, buffets, grills, are allowed. We recommend ordering pre-made and individually wrapped options for any and all meals. Pre-packaged items are an easy addition. This is the reason for the support vehicle passes.
Team Areas - Each team will be given a designated area they should stay when they are not getting ready for a race. See Island Map. That area will be close to their trailer and boat set up and/or the tent area. We want to limit the intermingling between teams. Each team is allowed to bring 2 10x10 tents that they must keep by them by the team trailer. Each team with at least 3 entries will have their own portable toilet, additional portalets may be ordered here.
Tent Reservation - https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/9f4026eae78241ada244c2f95cae81a0 - Orders due Friday 4/2/2021
Vendors – will be located near the playground near the spectator finish line area on the west shore.