26th Annual Grand Rapids High School Rowing Invitational
- Apr 24, 2021
- Grand River
- Grand Rapids, MI (USA)
- Hosted By: Forest Hills Central High School
Your Entry and Payments must be completed online
ALL PAYMENTS will be required online via Credit Card and must be made online by no later than Tuesday, April 20th - 11:59PM.
The following documents must be completed and recieved by the Grand Rapids Invitational by 7:30 am Saturday, April 24.
1. Eligibility list certifying student’s eligibility AND GRADE. This form must be typed on a form sanctioned by your state or on your high school stationery, and signed by your athletic director or principal. Handwritten lists are not acceptable.
2. Grand Rapids Invitation Waiver form for each athlete. (Available on at this link: )
3. Entry fees must be paid online.
Omitting any one of the above items will disqualify your entry.
- An oarsperson may enter a maximum of 2 events (coxswains excluded)
- No Team may have more than 3 entries per event
- A minimum of 3 entries must be received in order for a race to be run.
- Weigh-Ins: No weigh-ins will be held, but we expect coaches to follow these guidelines:
- WOMEN: Lightweight 130lb MAX
MEN: Lightweight 150lb MAX
- Junior Oarsman: May be a Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior in high school.
- Novice Oarsman: First year of high school rowing, regardless of rowing experience.
All heats are 1,500 meters. You will be notified prior to the regatta if you have heats. Heats will run before finals. In events where heats are necessary, every effort will be made to allow for athlete recuperation.
Hot Seating will be restricted to rowers or equipment with a minimum 3 races between the events. The coxwain or coach must check into the Launch Dock prior to the event launching to be eligible.
A Scratch/Late Entry fee of $30.00 each will be assessed after Lane Draws are completed. Late Entries will not be allowed if additional heats are required. All Late Entries must be received by no later than April 22nd, 08:00am.
Medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishes as follows:
- Events with five or more crews; Gold medals and silver and bronze ribbons will be awarded.
- Events with four crews; Gold medals and silver ribbons will be awarded.
- If only three crews enter an event, only gold medals will be awarded.
- Every member of a medal/ribbon-winning crew will receive a medal/ribbon.
- Medals/ribbons will not be awarded for the 500 meter Dash events.
The Don and Claudia LeBlanc Men’s and Women’s team trophies will again be awarded based on the following point system:
Eights 9 points for 1st 5 points for 2nd 2 points for 3rd
Fours/Quads 5 points for 1st 3 points for 2nd 1 points for 3rd
Doubles 2 points for 1st 1 point for 2nd
Singles 1 point for 1st