Cascadia Masters Championships
- Jul 12, 2021 To Jul 18, 2021
- Cascadia Regatta Association and Rowing Canada Aviron
- Virtual, BC (CAN)
- Hosted By: Cascadia Regatta Association
SUNDAY, JULY 11, 2021 @ 3PM PACIFIC TIME (6pm ET)
Athlete & Coxswain Meeting Presentation
REGISTRATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED
As we are hosting a virtual event, why not allow registrations to take place at any moment? Register, race, submit your results!
Registrations can now take place up to July 17, 2021. Registrations received after July 11th, you will receive an email from Time-Team within 1 hour with a link to submit your results. If you have any troubles and need help we are only an email away.
ZOOM & FIRESIDE CHATS
Tuesday 13th July @ 4-5pm PST: Nutrition and Well Being for Masters, with Dr. Kim McQueen
Kim is a naturopathic physician who works with Olympic athletes, busy parents, professionals and anyone looking to support their health and wellbeing. A former captain, coxswain, and coach of the University of Victoria’s rowing team, Kim developed an understanding of the value of nutrition to high performance sport at a young age. For more than 15 years she has supported athletes from Rowing Canada, Rugby Canada, ice dance, track and field, and national triathletes to help them reach their goals. While she has a strong background in high performance sport, she enjoys working with people of all walks of life to help them develop an individualized path. In 2012, Kim co-developed and launched a successful beverage, Rumble Supershake.
Thursday 15th July @ 4-5pm PST: Olympic Memories – Fireside Chat
Joining us for the Chat and Q&A, will be:
- Julien Bahain: Olympic Bronze 2008, 5 World Silver and Bronze & amoungst many other performances, 8th Best Performance and French Record on the South Atlantic Crossing in a rowing boat (2013)
- Guylaine Bernier: Montreal Olympian, 5 time Umpire at Olympic and Paralympic Games. Board of Directors for RCA, Canada Games Council, COC and amongst other things, she was named 2004 Woman of Influence in Sport and Physical Activity in Canada by the Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women.
- Dave Derry: Olympic Umpire Rio 2016, former Sport Development Officer at RCA, RCA and USA Umpire of note, and countless eductive committees for Umpires Deveklopment – current member of the RCA Rules working group.
- Mike Bagshawe: Beijing 2008 Umpire, member of countless FISA/World Rowing Juries, long time Chair of the RCA Safety and Events Committee, co-drafter of the RCA Regatta Manual
- Colleen Miller: 1996 Atlanta Olympian. Together with Wendy Wiebe one of the most successful partnerships in the history of Canadian rowing, with the two rowers having won three consecutive World Championship titles in the lightweight women’s double in 1993, 1994 and 1995. They were the first lightweight Canadian women to race at the Olympics when lightweight events debuted in Atlanta in 1996. RCA Hall of Fame 2018
- York Langerfeld: 1976 Montreal Olympian. UVic assistant Women’s Coach, Rowing BC Board member and RCA Umpire.
Friday 16th FRIDAY, July [email protected] 5pm PST: CASCADIA Cocktail Hour Q&A
Google Meet joining info: https://meet.google.com/gzw-vibo-auh