OARS Youth Invitational

  • Mar 13, 2022
  • sprint
  • Orlando, FL (USA)
  • Hosted By: Orlando Area Rowing Society, Inc.
  • 2022 Registered Regatta

Coaches & Coxswain Meeting available here:  C&C 2022

Please have a coach or board member fill this out for our livestream announcers: Team Info - for Announcers

We are officially switching the OARS Invitational Regatta to Sunday, March 13th. 

If you are not attending Sunday, please confirm with me as soon as possible, so that I can delete all of your entries and you are not charged.
If you are attending Sunday & haven't let me know, please do, so that I do not delete all of your entries.

There is a lot of information, so please read carefully:

  • We will be racing the following categories:  All High School Eights, Quads, Youth 4, Youth 2nd 4, and Doubles at the end of the day (if winds allow)
  • The winds look much better on Sunday, but still not the best conditions. It actually looks like they will decrease throughout the day and that is why we will row doubles at the end, if possible. 
  • We will not be offering Singles, Freshmen 4s, and Middle School events. 
  • The regatta will start at 9 am on Sunday. Giving everyone time to get to Orlando and adjust to Daylight Savings.  This means first race launching by about 8:30 am
  • Anyone attending the regatta, I will open up Regatta Central for you to add or change your entries. Please put boats in the waitlist and I will more than likely be able to approve them.
  • Your entrance fees to the park will apply to Sunday (even if they say Saturday). 
  • I will be posting a C&C Meeting to Regatta Central on Thursday, please have your coxswains, bow seats, and coaches watch it.
  • This is a HUGE shift of manpower for our team on Sunday, so please be kind as we will have some adjustments from our Saturday plans.

Thank you for being so flexible. Your patience and support is really appreciated!
Let me know if you have any questions!

Email sent 3/9

I was hoping I would not have to write this email, but if you've looked at the weather for this weekend you’ll know why. 
Right now the forecast calls for 22 mph winds with gusts up to 40 mph and 96% chance of rain. Unless this front shifts 12 hours in either direction, we really cannot provide safe conditions for being on the water and racing on Saturday.
In hopes of a shift happening, we are not canceling the regatta just yet. 
We've got all sorts of plans and talks swirling around. One of our plans is to push racing until Sunday, with the weather being more on our side. The park, referees, and vendors (like port-o-potties) are all willing to switch. 
What I need to know from you, is if you are at all interested in that option.
I know it won't be possible for all of you to make it, but we'd love for you to give it some consideration and effort. Call your bus companies or hotels and see what is possible. If we have to cancel Saturday and are able to race on Sunday, we'd like to. We really want to provide a racing opportunity for these kids, especially for the seniors who have had fewer races the past two years.
Please complete this quick form to let us know what you can do:

P.S. If the weather does shift and we can race on Saturday, please look at your line ups and make any adjustments/scratches TODAY!