Quinsigamond Snake Regatta
- Oct 17, 2021
- Lake Quinsigamond
- Shrewsbury, MA (USA)
- Hosted By: Quinsigamond Rowing Association, Inc.
- 2021 Registered Regatta
Quinsigamond Snake Regatta
Risk Mitigation Plan
- Quinsigamond Snake Regatta, Sunday, October 17, 2021, Donahue Rowing Center (DRC), Shrewsbury, MA
- Regatta Director- Jason Steele, [email protected], 508-615-5941
- Mask Policy: We strongly recommend that everyone who is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine be vaccinated. We require that anyone who has not been fully vaccinated wear a mask while on the property at the DRC and the adjacent boat ramp. We require that all athletes, coaches and officials wear masks when launching and landing from trailer/slings to dock and on the DRC property.
- Spectators are not permitted at the DRC. While spectators may walk onto the Corazzini Boat Ramp adjacent to the DRC, we strongly discourage spectators. (Note that the boat ramp is beyond the finish line so it is almost impossible to see boats racing on the course.) Additionally, parent tents/food/tailgating are not permitted. There is no parking available for spectators at the boat ramp or at the DRC. Only participants may enter the DRC property. It is the coaches’ responsibility to advise their athletes, parents, etc. of this.
There will be volunteers at the gates to the DRC to insure that only competitors, officials and volunteers enter the DRC property. Please be respectful of our volunteer staff at all times!
The clubhouse at the DRC is closed. Bathrooms may be used by local teams only and must be accessed from exterior doors.
- Worcester Fire Department divers and Worcester Emergency Services are handling all medical services on the day of the regatta. EMT’s are located at the DRC and also on the water in safety launches.
- All participating schools are expected to have fulfilled their COVID-19 safety precautions prior to attending the regatta. Trailers will be spaced in the Boat Ramp with as much space as possible to allow for social distancing. All participants must be masked when away from their trailer/boat bay/bus regardless of vaccination status. All participants must be masked during launching and landing. If you are feeling ill at all or have been exposed to COVID immediately prior to the regatta DO NOT COME TO THE REGATTA!
- a) Portable toilets will be provided for visiting teams. There will be hand sanitizer available.
b) Launching boats should enter the DRC through the lower gate and leave through the upper gate.
c) Dock Masters will direct the flow of launching and landing boats and will leave as much space as possible between boats. Competitors and coaches of launching and landing boats must have masks on from slings until launch and from dock to slings when landing.
d) Worcester EMS & Fire will have paramedics at the DRC and on the water.
e) An experienced referee staff will be officiating.
f) Masks and hand sanitizer will be available for officials and volunteers as needed.
g) Signage will be posted providing information on what to do if an individual begins to feel ill. Worcester EMS should be advised immediately if there is a suspicion of possible COVID infection at the venue.
h) Coxswain meeting time and place to be announced. It may be an online meeting on the evening prior to the regatta.
Please check the regatta’s page at Regattacentral.com for updates.