Ohio Governors Cup Regatta
- Apr 29, 2006
- Griggs Resevoir
- Columbus, OH (USA)
- Hosted By: Central Ohio Rowing
- 2016 Registered Regatta
Ohio Governor’s Cup Regatta
Saturday, April 29, 2006
Griggs Reservoir, Columbus, Ohio
New for 2006:
· Fully buoyed course with protected water.
· Stake boats for secure and accurate starting.
· 2000-meter sprint competition for high school age students in novice and varsity categories.
· All races will be conducted under USRowing “Rules of Racing.” This is a USRowing registered regatta, and as such, all participating crews must be organizational members of USRowing.
· The race is open to all youth and scholastic programs.
Rules and Definitions (please read carefully):
- Maximum Race Day Age – 18 years old (may be 19 if currently eligible high school senior)
- Limit of two events for each competitor (excluding coxswain).
- Limit of two boats per organization in the Novice 4’s events (#6 & #15).
· Lightweight: men – 155 lbs., women – 130 lbs. Max. No average.
- Events with fewer than 2 crews from different organizations will be scratched.
- Novice: Began rowing after April 29, 2005.
- Hotseating boats or rowers requires a minimum of 30 minutes separation, but is always done so at your own risk. We will not wait for your crew! Please check carefully the provisional schedule to ensure that you can make all necessary accommodations for the double use of boats, oars, and athletes.
- All teams are responsible for providing their own lane bow numbers for EVERY crew entered.
· Medals will be awarded for 1st – 3rd place in all events (except those scratched due to too few crews)
· Plaques will be awarded to the winners of the Men’s and Women’s 1st Varsity Eight crews.
· The overall points trophy (The Governor’s Cup) will be awarded to the Ohio team with the highest point total. A modified Barnes scoring system will be utilized.
Entries: All entries should be done online at www.regattacentral.com. Mailed entries will be accepted, however, please submit prior to the online due date. Day-of entries will not be accepted. Entries should be submitted online by Saturday, April 22, 2006.
Entry Fee’s: 8’s - $60
4’s - $50
2x - $35
All waivers and fees should be received no later than Monday, April 24, 2006.
Make checks payable to: Dublin Crew Inc.
Mail to: Debra Stoner
4166 Goldthread Ct.
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
Coaches and coxswain’s meeting: 6:30 a.m. Saturday, April 29, 2006 at the launch/recovery docks.
Extremely Important Information:
· Observation From Fishinger Road Bridge- Due to safety concerns from the police, no standing nor observing of the race will be allowed from the Fishinger Road Bridge.
With each rowing event held at Griggs, the Columbus rowing community has had to assure the police and park representatives that the park will not be damaged by the event. Competitors are required to comply with the parking plan described below:
On Saturday morning, all competitors and spectators will be required to park in the campground area south of Griggs Dam (approx. 2 miles south of Fishinger Road). Signs will be posted to assist you. Free shuttle buses will continuously from the campground area. Please note that if you park in any undesignated areas (i.e.: in the park, in the merchant lots, along Riverside Dr. or side streets ), you may be ticketed and towed. Parking on the grass will result in a ticket or being towed and will jeopardize future regattas. There will be a shuttle service provided to and from the parking lot. There will also be a group of parking volunteers to direct traffic. Please follow their instructions.
Trailers with boats will be allowed into the park to unload in the park any time on Friday. They will also be allowed into the park to unload boats on Saturday morning; however, access to the park will be closed after 7:20 am (This change has been made since regatta start has been changed to 7:30am)! All trailers and tow vehicles will be directed to park in the parking area just south of the Fishinger Road Bridge. The road into the park is a one-way street and vehicles will be required to exit the park north of the dock area, turn right (south) on Riverside Drive and once again enter into the park at the Nottingham entrance. All other team vehicles, spectators, and participants will be required to park in the campground area.
Any and all questions should be directed to either:
Dana Parrish, Regatta Director, Dleeparr@aol.com, (614) 873-1798 or
Greg Harvie, Rowcuse@columbus.rr.com, (614) 527-4728
Event Schedule: 6:30 a.m. Coaches and coxswains meeting.
6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Lightweight weigh-ins
Heats: 7:30 a.m. – 1:54 pm
Finals will now start at 2:33 with last one at 5:30pm. Heat sheets will be posted 4/25 late pm
#1 1:00 p.m. Boys 1st Novice 8
#2 1:10 p.m. Girls 1st Varsity 4+
#3 1:20 p.m. Boys 2x
#4 1:30 p.m. Girls 2nd Novice 8
#5 1:40 p.m. Boys 2nd Varsity 8
#6 1:50 p.m. Boys Novice 4+
#7 2:00 p.m. Boys 2nd Novice 8
#8 2:10 p.m. Boys 1st Varsity 4+
#9 2:20 p.m. Girls 1st Varsity 8
#10 2:30 p.m. Girls 1st Novice 8
#11 2:40 p.m. Girls Ltwt. 4+
#12 2:50 p.m. Boys Ltwt. 8
#13 3:00 p.m. Girls 2nd Varsity 8
#14 3:10 p.m. Boys 2nd Varsity 4+
#15 3:20 p.m. Girls Novice 4+
#16 3:30 p.m. Girls 2x
#17 3:40 p.m. Girls Ltwt. 8
#18 3:50 p.m. Boys Ltwt. 4+
#19 4:00 p.m. Girls 2nd Varsity 4+
#20 4:10 p.m. Boys 1st Varsity 8
Note: All times are subject to change based on the number of needed heats, however, event order will not change.
Should it become necessary for the regatta to be canceled prior to the start of the first race, 40% of the entry fee your team paid will be refunded to you prior to May 31, 2006. An additional 25% of your entry fee will appear as a credit on your 2007 entry fee invoice. Should the regatta be canceled after racing begins, a 25% credit of your entry fees for races which were canceled will appear as a credit on your 2007 entry fee.
Advanced Planning: Please mark your calendars for next years regatta to be held on April 28, 2007.