Head of the South
- Nov 11, 2023
- 300 Prep Phillips Drive
- Augusta, GA (USA)
- Hosted By: Augusta Rowing Club, Inc.
- USRowing Sanctioned Regatta
Spectator Parking: Event parking will be available outside of the levee along Reynolds Street (use 101 Riverfront Dr. Augusta, GA 30901) and Prep Phillips Drive (use 300 Prep Philips Dr. Augusta, GA 30901). Volunteers will help direct you to parking.
For Team trailers and buses: GPS directions, please use this address: 300 Prep Phillips Dr, Augusta, GA 30901
From Interstate 20 (driving from the Northward or Southward direction) and Riverwatch Parkway:
1. Take Riverwatch Parkway (also called Highway 104) east towards downtown Augusta. This is the last exit (#200) in Georgia before crossing into South Carolina.
2. Travel approximately 3 miles on Riverwatch Parkway. There is a traffic light ahead and an intersection with the 15th Street.
3. Continue through this intersection. The name of the road will change from Riverwatch Parkway to Jones Street.
4. Go to the next traffic light at the intersection with 13th Street. There are two left turn lanes, one straight lane, and one right turn lane. Get in the straight lane and continue through the intersection across 13th Street.
5. Turn Left onto 11th Street.
6. Take an immediate Right onto Reynolds Street.
7. Continue straight on Reynolds Street through several traffic lights until reaching a traffic light and intersection with the 5th Street.
8. Go through this intersection. The name of the road will change to Bay Street.
9. You will pass under the US Highway #1 overpass, and at the end of Bay Street, take a left back onto Reynolds Street.
10. The river levee will be on your left. Drive approximately two blocks and bear off to the right around a sharp curve to a traffic light at the intersection of Broad Street and East Boundary.
11. Take a left onto Sand Bar Ferry Road.
12. Look for next opportunity to turn left (about 200 yards ahead). There will be regatta signs.
13. Just around the bend will be the parking area. On the other side of the levee will be the competitor’s area and trailers.
14. Personal vehicles and vans must park along the backside of the levee. Coach buses will be allowed through the levee for drop off and pick up ONLY.
Team Bus Parking (available acros the street from the James Brown Arena, 601 7th St. Augusta, GA 30901)
Team buses will be able to park off-site, only a few minutes from the regatta venue. Off-site parking is available starting Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. Please no overnight parking.