CORA Regatta - London
- Hosted By: Central Ontario Rowing Association
- Sanctioned by RCA and ROWONTARIO
- All lightweight competitors must weigh in.
- The official weigh in periods will be from 7.30 am to 9.30 am on regatta days.
- Athletes must weigh in as a crew and be accompanied by a coach or club official.
- In the case of any disputes, the umpire will communicate with the crew’s coach or club official.
- All lightweights will weigh in wearing the same club rowing uniforms. No one will weighed in wearing more or less uniform.
- Re-weighs will not be permitted. Lightweights not making weight will be allowed to race as heavyweights.
- During the official weigh in periods testing of scales or checking weights will not be permitted.
- Crew changes will not be accepted in weigh-in room. Changes must be approved by the register prior.
- Coxswains will not be weighed, nor required to carry weight (if underweight).
- An individual’s maximum weight (74kg for men and 61.5kg for women) determines eligibility. There is no averaging of the athlete’s weights in the weight class events. The stated weight is the maximum an individual may weigh.
WEIGH IN PROCEDURES
- Any changes to crew lists must be made before you proceed to the scales.
- When you reach the scales, please line your crew up from bow to stern and have photo iD ready.
- Weigh ins will occur on a first come first served basis, based upon when you report with your crew to weigh in room.
- Any verbal abuse of umpires will result in disciplinary action as outlined in the RCA Rules of Racing.
Exemptions to RCA Rules of Racing
- R.2.5, 2.6- Coxswains will not be weighed, nor required to carry dead weight (if underweight).
- R.2.10- Lightweight competitors U17, U19, U23 & Seniors Maximum weights: (Men: 74kg. Women: 61.5) (CORA has always allowed a five pound allowance for lightweight oarspersons for this regatta a 2.5kg allowance has been added to RCA weight categories).
- R.2.11- Athletes will be weighted on a calibrated scale. Scales will be located in the boathouse. Weigh-in times 7.30 am to 9.30 am. Crews not making weight will be allowed to race as heavyweight. If a crew is late for weigh-ins it is the discretion of the Chief Umpire and that athletes is this situation should be escorted by the Chief Umpire to the weigh in. No practice scales (Clubs should provide their own Practice Scales).
- R.2.12- Para Competitors Race #18 has been designated as a PARA rowing event. As we do not know what the entries for this event will be, this race maybe with PR1, PR2 and PR3 and different class of boats 1x, 2x, 4x, etc. Medals will be awards to each boat.
- R.3.5 - The 2013 Rules will apply (as per RCA Direction) being able to exit the boat with the least possible delay.
- R.4, 4.1, 4.2- No overhead markers, buoys on outside of lanes 1 & 6 and between lanes 3 & 4. The depth of course is not the same throughout.
- R.5.3 - Finish Judges will time races using Seiko Timers. Race Umpires will do back up timing.
- R.8.8- There maybe boats other boats than racing shells on the course. Regatta umpires and safety officials will do their best to request that these other boats exit the course as soon as possible. If necessary police and conservation people will be notified/
- R.9.1, 9.3 - No progressions of crews from heats to finals as all races will be finals with gold medals awarded to winners of all races.
- R.10, 10.3, 10.5, 10.6- 2000m starts will be floating starts with an air-horn, not a flag. Master’s will be a floating quick start from the 1000m with approximate alignment.
- R.11.2 - There will be no photo finish .
- R.11.16 - A minimum of one umpire will follow each race.
- Drinking water available at the boat house
- Clubs are encouraged to bring their own bottled water
- Gold medals will be presented at Administrative Tent
- Races may have a mixture of lightweight & heavyweight crews medals will be awarded to each race
- Master’s events will have handicap times added or subtracted from actual times.
|Contact||Joseph C. Lyttle|
|Phone||Please contact regatta via email|
|Chief Umpire||Andrew Smith|
|Entry Fees (CAD)||
|ON Seat Fee||$2.25|
|RCA Seat Fee||$3.25|
|Plus taxes if applicable|