OARS Youth Invitational
- Mar 13, 2021
- Orlando, FL (USA)
- Hosted By: Orlando Area Rowing Society, Inc.
Thanks to everyone for filling out this general team information. If you intend on coming to the regatta and haven't yet filled this out, please read & complete this google form:
Welcome to the OARS Invitational!
The Orlando Area Rowing Society is happy to once again host this event at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake on Saturday, March 13th.
The OARS Invitational Regatta is one of the premier rowing events in the southeast, traditionally attracting more than 1,000 rowers from around Florida and neighboring states. Racing takes place on a 1500m course on Turkey Lake, with races starting every 7 minutes.
A complete regatta packet is available here: 2021 OARS Invitational
Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake and the City of Orlando are allowing us to host this event with very strict Covid guidelines. All teams must adhere to the guidelines. Failure to do so will require your entire team to leave.
Covid guidelines: Information being updated constantly.
- Limited capacity - 50% capacity. Because of this, we are limited to Florida teams only.
- Rowers, coaches, & support staff only.
- No Spectators. 1 parent per 10 kids allowed as support staff. (100 kids = 10 parents)
- Parents should drop off rowers and & return at the end of the day to pick them up.
- Masks worn at all times
- Social distancing required. Team tents may be set up near your trailer. All teams should keep their rowers in their immediate assigned space.
- No bathrooms open. Port-o-lets will be placed strategically around your trailer area.
- Team wellness checks required. Including temperature checks for all your athletes, coaches, and support staff.
- Due to county health codes, teams may not cook on site. So no grills, cook tops, etc. You may bring in food & set it up, but no cooking.
Parking Entrance Fee: Bill Frederick Park is using a new entry system. All entry to the park is pre-paid. Each team must pay an entrance to the park in advance.
Waiver: We will be using the NOARA waiver. Please direct your teams here to sign the waiver. This must be completed by Saturday, March 6th. Any entries without signed waivers will be scratched.
If your team is not a member of FSRA, you'll need to submit a certificate of insurance and NOARA waivers for all participants. You should have each member sign the waiver as unaffiliated.
- All boat trailers should be at the park and in position by 6:45 AM.
- Coaches & Coxswain Meeting - 7 am near the docks
- We will have our t-shirt vendor on site for rowers to purchase regatta shirts & gear.
Boxed Lunches Available:
Sonny's will provide box lunches for your team: Sonny's Menu
We are looking forward to a race day full of excitement and success on the water. See you soon!
|Chief Referee||Not yet posted|
|Entry Fees (USD)||
|Plus taxes if applicable|