Charlie Doyle Memorial Regatta
- Sep 12, 2021
- Dayton, OH (USA)
- Hosted By: Greater Dayton Rowing Association
The regatta packet is available at:
After a several year absence, we are excited to bring back the Charlie Doyle Memorial Regatta, this time in virtual form.
There will be 2 ways to participate in the regatta
- Live racing on Concept2 rowing machines on September 12th.
- Requires a Concept2 with a PM5 and the free ErgRace app
- The regatta will be hosted on Zoom, with a live announcer, so competitors can see each other
- Distance will be 3000m
- For team events (2x and 4x), team members will row a total of 3000m
- If 3000m is just too far and more than you can stand, there's a 500m 1x event.
- A tentative schedule for the live event is posted at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wlWTspw3dHGey2qwOX7dLO6kxh0WMXW0OE2SI615gKM/edit#gid=0
- Asynchronous racing on the water, September 11th-12th
- Rowers will race at their own venues, on their own schedule, anytime between September 4th and 12th
- Rowers will race 1500m in one direction, turn around, and race 1500m in the other direction (one piece upstream, one piece downstream)
- Rowers will start the second piece within 5 minutes of finishing the first piece
When making entries, competitors will be able to choose which category they are racing in (Junior, Junior Lightweight, Open, Open Lightweight, Masters, Masters Lightweight).
Winners for each event live category will receive a custom Dunkin' Donuts gift card with the event logo, winners, name, event, and winning time. The top 3 finishers in each live and asynchronous event will receive a virtual (pdf) certificate.
T-shirts and sweatshirts are available at: bonfire.com/daytonregatta
After expenses, 25% of the proceeds from this regatta will be donated to the Dayton Children’s Hospital.
|Contact||Ben Boehm - GDRA|
|Phone||Please contact regatta via email|
|Chief Referee||Not yet posted|
|Entry Fees (USD)|
|Plus taxes if applicable|