Head of the Eagle
- Oct 31, 2015
- Eagle Creek Park
- Indianapolis, IN (USA)
- Hosted By: Indianapolis Rowing Center
- USRowing Registered
Please join us in Indianapolis for the Head of the Eagle - a great end-of-season regatta. Racing occurs on the beautiful Eagle Creek Reservoir in Eagle Creek Park (ECP).
REGATTA ADDRESS: 7350 Eagle Beach Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46254 in Eagle Creek Park
EVENT DATE: Saturday, October 31st (Costumes are encouraged!)
ENTRY DEADLINE: Sunday, October 25th at 11:59PM EST
LATE ENTRY DEADLINE: Wednesday, October 28th at 11:59PM EST ($50 late entry fee)
FRIDAY SCHEDULE: 12-6pm Practice
7:30pm ECP gates close
SATURDAY SCHEDULE: 6:00am Park gates open
6:30am Packet pick up (beach pavilion)
7:00am Coaches, Coxswains & Blind Boats meeting (beach pavilion)
8:00am Crews can begin launching
9:00am Head racing begins
3:30pm Dual sprint racing begins
The NEW 2015 Head of the Eagle will feature:
- New Race Day format for 8’s
- Traditional Head Race coupled with a 1000 meter dual race
- Dual race pairing based on Head Race finish*
- Combined performance in the head race and sprint race determines an overall winner
- 4,200 meter head race course
- 1,000 meter buoyed sprint course
- Medals for top 3 finishers for each head race event
- Foul weather option to insure athletes race
- USRowing registered and officiated regatta
*Top 16 eights from Masters, Junior (varsity & novice) and Collegiate (varsity & novice) divisions will automatically be entered into the dual sprint race. If a crew does not want to race, they MUST inform the Regatta Director within 45 minutes of the results being posted
Check the Head of the Eagle website for all information, including the regatta packet, course map, site map and waiver.
Housing available for teams on a budget!!
- IRC has partnered with Shortridge High School (3401 N. Meridian St.) to provide inexpensive housing Friday night for teams traveling to Indianapolis. The high school is less than 10 miles from Eagle Creek Park.
- There is a fee of $10/rower and coach. Athletes must provide their own sleeping bags, blankets, pillows and mats/padding. There is easy access to bathrooms and shower facilities.
- If you and your team are interested, you must reserve a spot by emailing email@example.com by Oct. 15th.
- Overnight security will be provided by the school. Chaperones and Coaches are encouraged to stay with your team.
|Chief Referee||Robert Appleyard|
|Entry Fees (USD)|
Fee cap: $900.00 per club
Note: to receive the fee cap all entries must be submitted under one account per club