National Capital High School Regatta
- May 25, 2019
- Ottawa Rowing Club
- Ottawa, ON (CAN)
- Hosted By Ottawa Rowing Club
- Sanctioned by RCA and ROWONTARIO (2019)
The Ottawa Rowing Club cordially invites athletes and coaches to join us at our annual spring National Capital High School Regatta (NCHSR).
Date: Saturday, May 25, 2019
Location: Ottawa Rowing Club, 10 Lady Grey Drive, Ottawa, Ontario
Format: 1000m sprints on an un-buoyed course between the Alexandra and MacDonald-Cartier bridges on the Ottawa River (within view of Canada’s Parliament!)
Events offered and order of events*:
Junior Boys 2x
Nov Girls 8+
Nov Boys 4x+
Senior Girls 1x
Senior Boys 8+
Junior Girls 4+
Senior Girls 4x
Senior Boys 2x
Senior Boys 4+
Junior Boys 4x
Junior Girls 2x
Nov Boys 8+
Nov Girls 4x+
Senior Boys 1x
Senior Girls 8+
Junior Boys 4+
Senior Boys 4x
Senior Girls 2x
Senior Girls 4+
Junior Girls 4x
- Racing will begin at 7:45am and wrap up by 12pm. Events and schedule may change depending on number of entries.
- Entries are to be completed on Regatta Central before the entry deadline of May 17, 2019, 11:59pm est. The RO and RCA per seat racing fee will be applied to all entries and this per seat race fee must be paid online via Regatta Central.
- An entry fee of $25 per athlete is to be paid to the ORC, same as in previous years (unlimited races). This entry fee is to be paid cash or cheque (made payable to the Ottawa Rowing Club) on-site on the regatta day before racing begins.
- Coaches’ briefing at 7am (2nd floor of the boathouse).
- First race starts at 7:45am.
- Races scheduled to start every 10 minutes.
- Lightweight and non-lightweight athletes will row in the same category.
- Mixed gender crews will be accommodated as the schedule will allow.
- Racing shells, safety boats and safety equipment to be provided by the Ottawa Rowing Club.
- Boats will be safety checked on the dock prior to launch.
- Water, first aid, washroom facilities, race programs and parking are available on site.
- Limited food options will be available on site.
- The regatta is sanctioned by RowOntario.
- Guest volunteers are encouraged and welcomed! Email email@example.com if you can help out.
- Need somewhere to stay? The ORC Boathouse is a perfect place to sleepover with your team. Space is limited. Please contact us to make arrangements (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please inform us if you are bringing a trailer with your own boats (email@example.com).
Exceptions to Rules of Racing:
- Section 2.6: Coxswains will not be weighed
- Section 4.1: The length of the racing course will be 1000m. There will be no buoys on the water marking lanes, start or finish (there will be buoys between the race course and warm up area)
- Section 7.6: Crew changes before the First Heat will be limited to noon the day prior to the regatta.
- Section 11.22: there will be no photo-finish equipment. There will be an umpire and volunteer at the finish recording order of finish.
- Crews will be formed according to CSSRA age groups (senior - Under 19, January 1, 2019; junior - Under 16, January 1, 2019).
Coaches are asked to confirm their intent to attend the event by Friday, May 10, with entries submitted no later than Friday, May 17 on Regatta Central.
Please email intent to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spectators will be able to view the entire race from start to finish. Please join us for an enjoyable day of competition in Canada’s Capital as we kick off the 2019 racing season!
|Host/LOC||Ottawa Rowing Club|
|Phone||Please contact regatta via email|
|Chief Umpire||Not yet posted|
|Entry Fees (CAD)|
|RCA Seat Fee||$3.25|
|ON Seat Fee||$2.25|
|Plus taxes if applicable|