OARS Youth Invitational
- Hosted By: Orlando Area Rowing Society, Inc.
- 2022 Registered Regatta
Welcome to the OARS Invitational!
The Orlando Area Rowing Society will host this event at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake on SUNDAY, MARCH 13TH.
The OARS Invitational Regatta is one of the premier rowing events in the southeast, traditionally attracting more than 1,000 rowers from around Florida and neighboring states. Racing takes place on a 1500m course on Turkey Lake, with races starting every 7 minutes. A complete regatta packet is available here: OARS Invitational 2022
Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake and the City of Orlando are allowing us to host this event with some continued parameters in place. All teams must adhere to the guidelines or may risk dismissal from the park. Spectators will be allowed this year and we will return to the "normal" set up in the park with trailers in the field and team tents set up in the last 500 m of the course.
Covid guidelines: Each team should practice responsible Covid precautions. Social distancing and mask wearing are recommended in crowded areas.
C&C Meeting: OARS 2022 - Coaches & Coxswains Meeting (you may need to download)
NEW! Park Entrance Fee Please share this with all of your team members, parents, boards & anyone coming to
Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake has an entry fee of $2 per person/per day plus transaction fees. Team transportation vehicles (buses) that hold more than 20 people are $1/person per day plus transaction fees. Please use this registration to pre-purchase your parking pass in advance of the regatta (1-2 weeks before) This includes ALL athletes, coaches, busses, trailer drivers, support staff, parents, friends, & family members.
They will not accept cash at the gate. Click here: OARS Invitational Parking Registration
Select the quantity of people for each day that will be riding in the vehicle with you as you pass through the entry gates (teams, scroll to the bottom and select "Large Capacity" then enter the number on the bus).
Upon completion of the registration you will receive 2 emails. One from Orlando Area Rowing Society with your receipt, and one from SportsEngine with your parking pass that shows quantities. Please print the parking pass and place it in the window of your vehicle so the gate attendant can clearly see it. A parking pass is required for entry into the park.
Because we are using USRowing referees, we have to be sanctioned by USRowing. This also ensures that your teams are covered if you use USRowing Insurance. Everyone will have to complete the USRowing Waiver. A new waiver was just updated last week. Please send this out to all of your members to complete to be compliant for 2022:
- Go to https://membership.usrowing.org
- Click on Log In under Individuals and log in using your member number and password
- On your profile page, click the blue button “Sign Agreement & Waiver” and follow the steps on screen
- Done! Thank you for signing the latest version of the waiver
- If you are having difficulties, call USRowing directly (609) 751-0700
If your team is not a member of FSRA, you'll need to submit a certificate of insurance and NOARA waivers for all participants. You should have each member sign the waiver as unaffiliated.
We need extra launches! If anyone can bring a launch, please let me know at email@example.com an we can reduce your fees by $50
- All boat trailers should be at the park and in position by 7:00 AM
- Coaches & Coxswain Meeting will be virtual. A link will be available to view as we get closer to the regatta.
- We will have our t-shirt vendor on site for rowers to purchase regatta shirts & gear.
- Bill Frederick Park is not allowing any cooking or grilling of food for any teams. Here are options for you:
- You may use one of the grills in the park near one of the pavilions. These are available on a first come basis. Keep in mind that these are not near the tent or trailer area and are not large grills.
- You may rent a pavilion or cabin that comes with a grill for your use.
- You may bring in any other non-cooked food.
- Here is a catered lunch option for you! Ellie Lou's BBQ Scan here to order: QR Code
- Please have a coach or board member fill this out for our livestream announcers: Team Info - for Announcers
|Chief Referee||Edward Murphy|
|Entry Fees (USD)|
|Plus taxes if applicable|