Head of the Lake
- Nov 6, 2022
- Lake Washington
- Seattle, WA (USA)
- Hosted By: Lake Washington Rowing Club
Hosted by Lake Washington Rowing Club and the University of Washington, the 42nd Head of the Lake will be raced on Sunday, November 6. The course starts on Lake Union, passes through Portage Bay and the Montlake Cut into Lake Washington, and makes a dramatic turn to finish near the UW Conibear Shellhouse.
Add this regatta to your RegattaCentral Home page to be sent update notices.
Important race day details are on the HOTL Regatta Central News Page.
Dates to Know (all 12 noon PDT)
- Monday, September 26: Acceptance and notification of guaranteed and queued entries begins. Fees are due at time of acceptance.
- Monday, October 10: Deadline for guaranteed entries to submit application. After this, applications from those crews will be placed in the general queue.
- Monday, October 24: Scratch deadline. After this, no refunds. Refunds for entries scratched before October 24 will be issued after October 24.
- Thursday, October 27: Registration closes. Entries will still continue to be accepted to replace scratches. Coaches can make lineup changes.
- Wednesday, November 2: No new entries past this date. No changes to lineups for Masters Crews will be accepted past Noon PDT on November 2. We will separate the Masters events into age groups on the afternoon of November 2. Masters races will be awarded first place medals based on age divisions. Some age divisions may be combined at the discretion of the registrar. Junior and collegiate crews may continue to make changes to line-ups till race day.
Registration opens on Wednesday, September 21. The regatta is limited to 450 entries.
Registration is application only. Applications will be accepted and notified starting Monday, September 26.
Guaranteed entries (for crews that finished in the top 50% of their event in 2021, and 2x and 1x that did not get to row in 2021 due to weather cancellation; see rules below) will be accepted starting Monday, September 26. Their places will be reserved through noon on Monday, October 10. After this deadline, applications from these crews will go into a queue with other entries and will be accepted as space allows.
Non-guaranteed entries will be placed in a queue based on the order in which applications are received. We will start accepting entries from the (non-guaranteed) queue on Monday, September 26 beginning at 12:00 noon PDT. Registration closes at 12 noon on October 27.
- All Collegiate entries are guaranteed as long as application is made by Monday, October 10. Collegiate applications received after noon on October 10 will be accepted as the queue allows.
- The top 50% of Junior and Master and Open finishers from 2021 are guaranteed entry as long as application is made by Monday, October 10.
- Junior 1x, Master 1x, Open 1x, Master 2x, Open 2x and Parent/Child 2x crews applying for guaranteed entry based on results from 2021 must retain the same lineup. This restriction is not enforced at time of entry but will be enforced at time of acceptance. If you are registering in one of these 6 events, do not select the guaranteed application if the line-up does not match the 2021 line-up.
- In other events, including the Junior 2x, guaranteed entries belong to the club and can have different line-ups from the qualifying race. 2022 Guaranteed Entry List by Event and 2022 Guaranteed Entry List by Club
- Masters guaranteed entries are not restricted to the same age group in which they qualified in 2021. If you finished in the top 50% of your age group in an event, you can use your guaranteed entry for that event within any age group in which you are now eligible to race.
After noon on Monday, October 10, the guaranteed entry deadline, we will continue to accept applications only as space allows and existing entries are scratched.
After registration closes at noon on Thursday, October 27, we will continue to accept applications based on the number of scratches we receive.
SCRATCH DEADLINE IS noon on MONDAY, OCTOBER 24. No refunds will be made for scratched registrations after that time.
We will stop accepting entries from the queue at 12 noon on Wednesday, November 2, when schedules go to press. Up until that time, if you would like to swap an entry you have for a new entry, make an application for the new entry and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will scratch the old entry, accept the new and apply the fees from the old entry to the new entry.
Refund policy: If you scratch before noon on Monday, October 24, you will receive a refund. If you scratch after this date, refunds will not be issued.
|Chief Referee||Letcher Ross|
|Entry Fees (USD)|
|Plus taxes if applicable|