- Jan 16, 2016
- Okie Crossfit
- Tulsa, OK (USA)
- Hosted By: Tulsa Youth Rowing Association
Tulsa, OK - On Jan 16th, 2016 the Tulsa Youth Rowing Association will be hosting the 1st annual TYRA 2K indoor rowing competition. The event will serve as a fundraiser and awareness builder for youth rowing initiatives in Tulsa, OK. The event will take place at Okie CrossFit located at 6511 E 44th St in Tulsa, OK. The event is open to all ages and weight categories. For more information, please visit www.okrowing.org/TYRA2k.
The event will feature three types of competition.
Athletes will compete on Concept 2 rowing ergometers over a distance of 2000m and attempt to record the best time possible in various age and weight categories.
Athletes will enter a team 1km competition. Each team will consist of four athletes rowing 1000m to record the fastest time possible. Four rowing machines will be networked together and this will form the basis of a crew. The average of all four rowers determines how fast the “crew” will travel the required 1000m distance. There are various categories of teams, from youth to adult teams. In addition, there will be mixed teams composed of 2 male and 2 female athletes. There are also opportunities for corporate teams to enter this event and compete for the TYRA 2K Corporate Challenge Trophy. This opportunity provides businesses with a unique team building opportunity and to help support a local non-profit youth organization.
Athletes will compete as individuals in a CrossFit WOD (Workout of the Day) style event called the “TYRA 2K”. This event features a mix of rowing on the Concept 2 ergometer with different exercises at different points throughout the 2000m distance. The goal is to complete the WOD in the shortest time possible. The event format will be as follows:
600m row, 30 Air Squats, 500m row, 30 Sit Ups, 400m row, 30 Push Ups, 300m row, 30 Burpees, 200m row
To learn more about the Tulsa Youth Rowing Association and how you can get involved, please visit www.okrowing.org/TYRA2k.
TYRA 2K Entry Options
1) Entry in the individual 2K event only - $25
2) Entry in the TYRA 2K WOD event - $15
3) Entry in the individual 2k event and the TYRA 2K WOD - $35
4) One team entry (team of 4) - $60
5) Best value: Entry in individual 2K, TYRA 2K WOD and a team entry for 4 athletes - $150. (i.e. all 4 people in your team can do all three events)
Important Registration Information - Click here to download instructions
1) Create an account on regattacentral.com
2) Because of the nature of the event (3 possible types of events to choose from) the registration fees are paid on the initial registration form when signing up for the event. Click the registration form on the left side of this page to access registration.
3) Once step #2 is complete, entrants and/or coaches should continue their registration process by entering the appropriate age categories for the events that they will be competing in. If you have any questions about registration please contact race director Neil Bergenroth ([email protected]).
|Phone||918 906 5233|
|Chief Referee||Not yet posted|
|Entry Fees (USD)|