Head of the Rideau
- Sep 23, 2018
- Rideau River
- Ottawa, ON (CAN)
- Hosted By: Ottawa Rowing Club
- Sanctioned by RCA and ROWONTARIO
Entries must be made in Regatta Central (www.regattacentral.ca). The entry deadline is September 14th at 11:59am. All age categories are based on competitor’s age as of December 31, 2018. Age average is calculated automatically in Regatta Central.
Juniors: Under 19 years of age
Masters: There will be three categories (average boat age): 21 to 49 years of age (AA-C); 50 to 59 years of age (D-E); 60 years of age + (F-L)
The masters age adjusted time system will not be applied.
Novice: Novice rowers must be in their first year of competition.
Coaches must inform dock marshal of any boats or rowers, which will be participating in back-to-back races. It is the responsibility of the crews to make it up to the start prior to course closing.
All rowers must be registered with RCA and their local provincial or territorial rowing association or with RowUSA or their relevant national rowing agency in 2018 to race.
Singles: $40 (HST included) Doubles: $55 (HST included)
Fours: $80 (HST included) Eights: $95 (HST included)
* The RCA/RO per seat fees are in addition to the above entry fees. The per seat fees will be added to your invoice in Regatta Central.
Entries from all universities are subject to a single administrative fee of $565.00 (HST included), which covers one entry in each Ontario University Athletics (OUA) sanctioned university event. Additional entries may be purchased at the rates referenced above. The single administrative fee does NOT include the RCA/RO per seat fees.
Any boat, university or individual that scratches an event after entries are closed on September 14th 11:59am (noon) will be charged a flat scratch fee of $60 per entry (in addition to the entry fee). Late entries may be accepted after the entry deadline closes if the program allows. A late fee of $60 per entry applies (in addition to the entry fee) to all entries submitted after September 14th, 11:59am (noon).
Crew name changes will be accepted until 11:59pm (noon) on Friday, September 21.
A Coaches meeting will begin at 7:00 am on the day of racing.
Rowing Canada Aviron (RCA) ‘Rules of Racing’ will apply with the following exceptions:
- There will be no weigh-in for coxswains. The weigh station will be open from 7:00 am to 10 am only. There will be no practice scale. Lightweight rowers or crews that exceed the required weight by the expiry of the time permitted, may still race but with the status of exhibition (which means they will get a time, but won’t get a ranking or points). Athlete identity will be verified at weigh ins only.
- In mixed events, the crew shall have at least one woman and one man.
- Faster crews have the right-of-way in safe passing zones of the course, therefore all slower crews MUST yield to faster crews; failure to do so may result in a penalty or disqualification at the discretion of the judges. All coaches and athletes must familiarize themselves with the course to identify safe passing zones.
- While every attempt will be made to minimize interactions, the Rideau Waterway remains publicly open. All coaches and athlete must familiarize themselves with the regatta Emergency Action and First Aid plan.
- All racers must finish the race with their boat passing between the finish-line buoy markers. Boats that do not finish the race between the finish-line buoy markers will be assessed a 30 second penalty.
Awards will be presented to the winners of each event provided there is a minimum of two boats in that category and to the university men’s and women’s team accumulating the highest number of points.
The traffic pattern for the route to the start line and during practice times is always starboard oar to shore. The 5km start zone flow pattern is clockwise.
VOLUNTEER! To find out more about regatta volunteering click here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfpYVez3e7GIHTNVIlZfa0l35uPid6c-Vv1E_ZZd6gVv0j1EQ/viewform
|Chief Umpire||Not yet posted|
|Entry Fees (CAD)|
|ON Seat Fee||$2.25|
|RCA Seat Fee||$3.25|
|Plus taxes if applicable|