Speakmon Memorial Regatta
- Oct 31, 2021
- Griggs Reservoir
- Columbus, OH (USA)
- Hosted By: Greater Columbus Rowing Association
- 2021 Registered Regatta
Greater Columbus Rowing Association is excited to host the Jack Speakmon Memorial Regatta on Sunday, October 31st, once again in association with the Blake Haxton Fall Regatta to bring you two days of racing on the spectacular Griggs Reservoir.
- Come in Costume.....Regatta Director's Choice for Best Costume! Winner to receive free t-shirt(s)!!!
- HereNow timing for increased accuracy and speed for results.
- Adaptive athletes will participate in mid-day events on a shortened course lined with spectators.
- Hospitality suite - all-day access to warmth, comfort, food and goodies courtesy of GCRA, the festivites will again be held in the Latshuka Building. Hospitality Suite ticket sales.
- Henley-style starts
- Medals for 1st through 3rd places
- Vendor Row
- Food Trucks
- Lightweight events: There are no official weigh-ins at this regatta. It is on the honor system
The weight limits are as follows: Men: 160; Women: 130
GCRA is proud to partner with Orthopedic ONE as the Official Sports Medicine Provider of the 2021 Speakmon Memorial Regatta. Certified Athletic Trainers can be found in the first aid tent, located near the launch/recovery docks to address your sports medicine needs and answer questions! Orthopedic ONE's Physicians, Physical Therapists, and Certified Athletic Trainers work towards a goal of returning athletes to pre-injury condition through prevention, evaluation, treatment, and education. To learn more, visit www.orthopedicone.com.
OSU will be hosting Penn State at home fottball game so BOOK EARLY and stay on the WEST side! Avoid SR 315 on Saturday if possible!
We hope to see your rowers, coaches, and supporters here on October 31th to showcase the great rowing venue that GCRA and Upper Arlington Crew get to enjoy everyday. Our goal is to provide you with the best fall racing experience in the Midwest! Please contact our Regatta Director at [email protected] with any questions or special needs.
See you on the water!
Laurie A. Gunzelman
GCRA President - 2021
Speakmon Regatta Director - 2021
|Chief Referee||Gregory Harris|
|Entry Fees (USD)|
|Plus taxes if applicable|
|Max entries||500 entries. This venue has a restriction on how many entries are permitted. Registration is closed when this cap is reach ( or the deadline passes, whichever occurs first.)|