Kings Head XXIII Regatta on the Schuylkill
- Sep 27, 2009
- Schuylkill River
- Philadelphia, PA (USA)
- Hosted By: Upper Merion Boat Club
- 2016 Registered Regatta
1. Directions: Launch Site/Finish Line is located at Upper Merion Boathouse, near 1 Dekalb Street, Bridgeport, PA, 19405, on the Schuylkill River about 5 miles north of the junction of the PA Turnpike (I-276), the Schuylkill Expressway (I-76), and U.S. Route 202 in King of Prussia.
2. From this point: Proceed North on Route 202 to Business 202, DeKalb St. Bridgeport, bear right and travel about 1/2 mile to PA Route 23 make a right, go 1 block to Mill St. (WaWa) in Bridgeport and make a left turn, go two blocks to Front Street and make a left turn to regatta site at 1 Dekalb Street, Bridgeport, PA, 19405.
5. For detailed directions go to www.mapquest.com.
6. Detour Note: the U.S. Route 202 DeKalb St bridge between PA Rte 23 north and 2nd Street in Bridgeport, one block before reagtta site, is closed.
Site map for rower parking: Parking.pdf
Parking Instructions for Spectators: There is no parking available for spectators at the Upper Merion Boat House. Proceed North on 202 to the SEPTA parking available at two locations within 1/4 mile of the Upper Merion Boat House site.
Norristown Transportation Center
Swede and Lafayette St, Norristown, PA 19401
From Rte 202 Dekalb St and Front Street (Frosty Falls) in Bridgeport:
Proceed North on 202 just across bridge at second left and follow SEPTA signs for Customer Parking (lot) "Route R6 Norristown Station" or go to first light and make a left to "Norristown Transportation Center Parking Garage."
Weekend (beginning Sunday, September 7, 2008) daily parking rates are as follows:
Saturday and Sunday
$3.00 per day
FINISH LINE TENT SET-UPS: A TENT SET-UP Area at the finish line will be limited to one 12? x 12? per crew and will be available on a first come first serve basis (Maximum of 8 tents). The Tent setup area will be against the embankment (No tents are permitted along the riverbank in the bleacher area). Access to tent locations with vehicles and supply trailers will be from 6:45A to 7:15A only. Equipment must be offloaded and tow vehicles and trailers must be immediately moved to offsite parking.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Good Luck.