SWEAT (Southwest Ergometer Amateur Tournament)
- Feb 6, 2010
- Terry Center (formerly AAA Building) - Jesuit College Prep
- Dallas, TX (USA)
- Hosted By: Jesuit College Prep of Dallas
- All Lightweight and Coxswain competitors MUST weigh-in on race day.
- Lightweights and Coxswains must weigh-in between one and two hours BEFORE their assigned heat.
- The weigh-in area is located to the lobby of the
. Terry Center
- All Lightweight and Coxswain competitors will have their names, heat numbers, and erg numbers checked at the weigh-in. Each rower having successfully completed his/her respective weigh-in will then be stamped by an official. Any competitor missing a stamp verifying that he/she has successfully weighed-in, or failing to weigh-in at all, will be allowed to compete at their pre-assigned time, but his/her result will be placed into the Heavyweight division for that category. Coxswains will have the option to weigh-in for the Lightweight category if they fail to weigh-in as a Coxswain.
- As a reminder, please note the weight restrictions:
Lightweight Men = 165 lbs max
Lightweight Women = 135 lbs max
Coxswain Men = 130 lbs max
Coxswain Women = 120 lbs max
Warm-up ergs will be available for use by all competitors adjacent to the competition portion of the race floor.
Rules and regulations
● All competitors will row on Concept2 Model D Ergometers.
● Rowers may set the drag factor BEFORE their races begin, but may not adjust the setting during the race itself. Doing so will lead to disqualification.
● SWEAT volunteers serve as coxswains and will record scores manually as backup to the computer timing. All competitors must check-in with the SWEAT volunteer at their particular erg with an Athlete Registration Card (ARC) to confirm heat and erg assignments.
● Qualification times are NOT required to compete in the SWEAT Sprints. The event is open to all competitors regardless of experience/skill levels. If you are a competitive rower and wish to earn a sponsored trip from Concept2, please check with SWEAT officials for qualifying time information.
● Rowers must compete under their own names. Use of a pseudonym or other false identification will lead to disqualification and possible lifetime banishment from participation in future SWEAT events. In addition, athletes are not permitted to compete in place of friends or teammates. There are no entry substitutions.
● All competitors must wear shirt and shorts on the event floor, including the Bullpen area. Uni-suits, bodysuits, all-in-ones are also allowed.
● Due to safety concerns, we discourage the use of headphones during the competition.
● The format for the SWEAT Sprints is finals only. Competitors will be seeded based upon their submitted erg scores and row only once. Keep in mind that many events are large enough to require multiple heats to accommodate all athletes. The best overall time will win each event.
● Medals will be awarded to the winner of each category raced as determined by classification of age, weight, and gender. Competitors are only eligible to win a prize for the event in which they are entered.
Interpretation of Rules
The meaning and application of these rules will be determined solely by the SWEAT Race Committee. All deliberations and decisions by the Race Committee will be secret, arbitrary, and final.