Head of the Ohio
- Oct 9, 2010
- North Shore Riverfront Park
- Pittsburgh, PA (USA)
- Hosted By: Three Rivers Rowing Association
- 2016 Registered Regatta
Email sent to registrants 10/3/10
We're looking forward to the 24th Annual Head of the Ohio October 9th. Thank you for your registrations. Here's a little info for you ahead of time. Please share this with your team, other coaches, parents and whomever else you can think of!
- The first heat sheet was posted last night and will continue to be updated as we receive changes. It is in the "Draw" section of Regatta Central.
- The coxswain's meeting will be at 6:30, not 6:15 as listed in the Info Packet because the first race had to be moved to 8:00 am, not 7:30 as we were originally hoping for.
- Packet Pick-up and Registration will be open from 5:00-8:00 PM Friday night and 6:00-10:00 AM Saturday morning. Registration will close at 10:00 am Saturday. Your bow numbers will be in your packet and will only be given to you if you have paid, if all your waivers are signed on-line and your organization/club has turned in the "Rowing Equipment Compliance Form" in the Information Packet:
- Parking has changed slightly this year because of new construction since last year's race. Trailers will now park in Lot 1 and enter from Art Rooney Ave. Trailers will be allowed to enter from 12:00-8:00 PM on Friday and again on Saturday starting at 5:00 AM. Car top vehicles should enter here as well. NO other vehicles will be permitted to use this entry.
- Please note the way boats should travel from the parking lot to the docks on race day. They should not travel along Art Rooney Ave, and should go on the edge of Lot 2. The path is designated with a dashed line on the first map. A crossing guard and volunteers will be on site to help you cross General Robinson Street safely, but please be careful as that road will not be closed.
- Please know that North Shore Drive will be closed on Saturday from Art Rooney Ave to Tony Dorsett Dr.
- VIP parking (you must have a pass to enter) is in Lot 2 and will enter from Tony Dorsett Dr. Spectator parking will be in the other half of Lot 1 and will also be available in Lot 4 starting at 8:00 am and the General Robinson Lot (#8 on the first map) all day. All of these lots will charge $5 per vehicle on race day.
- If you have team tents, you should have already contacted us with your requests. Please do not stake tents into the lawn as this is an issue with our permit. We will send out a map of where all tents will be assigned to later this week.
- The Spaghetti Warehouse will be onsite on Friday and Saturday serving race appropriate (and spectators) food for sale. If you're interested in a team order, please let us know. There will be many other vendors at this year's race if you're interested in shopping!
- Bow Numbers will be worn on the bow of every boat. No coxswains should have the number on them. This is a slight change from the Info Packet.
The initial schedule and bow number draw is listed under "Draw" here on Regatta Central.
We pushed back the start time to 8:00 am. All races were pushed back by 1/2 hour. All changes are displayed in the event order.