- Sep 18, 2011
- GMS Rowing Center
- New Milford, CT (USA)
- Hosted By: GMS Rowing Center
- 2016 Registered Regatta
2011 GMS CHALLENGE & SPRINT
RULES & SAFETY NOTICE
The regatta is an official Registered Regatta with US Rowing and the event is supervised by three licensed US Rowing referees.
Qualification for lightweight Categories
These follow current HOCR rules
Juniors (High School) - Exceptions will be allowed for the following groups
16 and Under group can include Novice entrants who are over 16
17 and 18 year old group can include 19 year olds providing they are still at high school
All boats must have Bow Balls and Footgear release
All participants must have signed a US Rowing Waiver
Follow the traffic pattern in holding area as you enter the lake from the gorge
Follow the traffic pattern on the course
Obstacles are marked by buoys - so beware
Follow the direction of buoys 'funneling' rowers to the correct side of the two islands
Obey all Marshals (approximately 8 boats with marshals will be deployed on the course)
Timings and results will use the 'Philadelphia System'.
- During the race there will be no overtaking through Lover's Leap Gorge
- All participants must pull over to allow another boat to overtake
- Any boat not going round the 'stake' will be disqualified
- If for any reason you capsize and can't get back in move away from the course and wait for a marshal or a safety boat.
- Spectators must keep away from the dock area (area will be controlled by dock master and team)
- A bus will transport spectators to the finish at Addis Park (approximately 500 meters down Grove Street).
- All cars will be parked away from the site as directed by traffic control staff.
- Car topped shells are to be dropped off and cars are to be promptly parked as directed