Ohio Governors Cup Regatta
- Apr 29, 2012
- Griggs Resevoir
- Columbus, OH (USA)
- Hosted By: Central Ohio Rowing
- 2016 Registered Regatta
Rules and Definitions (please read carefully):
· Maximum Race Day Age – 18 years old (may be 19 if currently eligible high school senior)
· In order to enter a crew in a 2nd event, you must first have a boat in the corresponding 1st event.
· We will run all events (except for the 1st Varsity 4+s and the 1st Varsity 8+s) as flights only. Medals will be awarded to each flight.
· Due to the size of the regatta and time constraints, the LOC reserves the right to move multiple entries in the 1st events, to the 2nd events when they cause additional heats.
· Lightweights: Men = 160 lbs., Women = 130 lbs. max. No average. No weighing of coxswains. Saturday night weigh-ins from 4-6 pm. Sunday weigh-ins from 6:30-9:30 am.
· Novice = Began rowing after April 29, 2011.
· Hot seating boats or rowers requires a minimum of 45 minutes separation, but is always done so at your own risk. We will not wait for your crew! Please check carefully the provisional schedule to ensure that you can make all necessary accommodations for the double use of boats, oars, and athletes.
· All teams are responsible for providing their own lane bow numbers for EVERY crew entered.
· All protests must be filed within 1 hour of the end of the race in which the violation occurred. The crew’s coxswain or representative rower/sculler must indicate the crew’s intent to file a protest to the course marshal at the Finish line or to the Dockmaster on shore at the dock’s launching area.
· Protest forms are available at the Regatta Headquarters tent near the race finish line. Protest forms must be filed directly with the USRowing race official at the Finish line. A $25 filing fee is required at the time the protest is filed. In the event the protest is upheld, the fee will be returned. If the protest is denied, the fee will be forfeited.
· Due to the size of the regatta and the time constraints, the LOC gives the US Rowing officials instructions to start all races on time. They are not required to “wait” for boats that are late to the start, or boats that are having difficulty getting lined up at the stake boat platform. While we aim to have each race start completely fair and even, our priority is to see the races go off in a timely fashion, and keep the races running on time. In cases where the wind, or equipment, or inexperience cause difficulties in getting boats lined up at the stake boat platforms, the officials will do their best to keep on schedule and will try to be as fair as they possibly can.
· Medals will be awarded for 1st – 3rd place in all flights and for 1st – 3rd place in the Finals only, for the 1st Varsity 4+s and the 1st Varsity 8+s.
· Plaques will be awarded to the winners of the Men’s and Women’s 1st Varsity Eight crews.
· The overall points trophy (The Governor’s Cup) will be awarded to the Ohio team with the highest point total. A modified Barnes scoring system will be utilized.