Derby Sweeps and Sculls

  • Hosted By New Haven Rowing Club
  • USRowing Registered
  • CANCELLED

*** FLASH ***  Based on the latest data and the continuing rain over the Housatonic River watershed, the river will exceed flood stage by mid-morning on Saturday.  According to our permit, and for safety reasons as well, we will be unable to conduct racing as usual.   We are very sorry to have to CANCEL the regatta.  It is the first time in over 20 years.  Let's hope next year is back to normal!

 

The National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service has just revised the forecast for the Housatonic River and they are now predicting flood stage conditions starting around noon on Saturday.  We will be monitoring this closely and will make a determination regarding cancellation of the regatta at 7pm tonight.

 

Due to the forecast for fairly heavy rain over the Housatonic River watershed on Friday and Saturday, the Stevenson Dam is expected to be releasing an above average amount of water.  As a result, we will be dealing with more current than usual.  To provide more flexibility, we will be using four lanes instead of five, which should speed up the alignment process.  The spacing of heats will be six minutes, so it is important that you get to the starting area on time.

 

Also, car pool as much as possible because we may have reduced parking area available as a result of the wet ground.

 

Again, if you have not signed your on-line USRowing waiver, do it now.  registration takes long enough without having to deal with waivers.  You don't want to miss your race!