Detroit Boat Club Crew Regatta
- Jun 17, 2006
- Detroit Yacht Club to Detroit Boat Club
- Detroit, MI (USA)
- Hosted By: Detroit Boat Club
Regatta Packet - Rules for Racing :
- Officials: will conduct races in accordance with USRowing 2006 Rules of Rowing
- Safety & Fair Conditions will be reviewed at the Coaches, Coxswain and Scullers Meeting prior to the beginning of racing.
- The Start will be a floating start near the Detroit Yacht Club.
- The Finish will be at the middle of the Detroit Boat Club main dock.
A Junior is a competitor who in the current calendar year does not attain the age of 19, or who is and has been continuously enrolled in secondary school as a full time student seeking a diploma.
A Master is a competitor who has attained the age of 21 during the current calendar year. Classification and handicaps for Master's are defined in the USRowing 2006 Rules of Racing. Master's races will be handicapped accordingly at this regatta.
A Lightweight man shall weigh no more than 160 lbs and women shall weigh no more than 135 lbs.
Weigh-in for lightweights will occur prior to the start of racing at the clerk of the course area on the launch site.
Coxswains will not be weighed-in at this regatta.
- Entry Fees: will be $10.00 per rower with a cap for large teams of $350.00. Fees can be paid through Regatta Central at the time of registration.
- Scratches: No refund of entry fees will be provided if the event has enough entries to be scheduled.
- Entry Forms & Waivers: Entry forms & waivers must be completed on line at www.regattacentral.com by June 15, 2006. Post entries will be accepted at the discretion of the regatta committee.
- Over Night Boat Storage: Your boat trailer can be stored in the locked and guarded DBC parking lot. At daybreak, you can tow your trailer to the beach area near the Detroit Yacht Club, rig boats and get ready to race prior to the coaches, coxswain & scullers meeting. Directions will be posted.
- Housing: Crews are welcome to sleep on the boathouse floor. Many hotels and motels can be found in downtown Detroit. If you need help locating a place to stay, call Dick Bell, (248) 875-8574 or Ray Jones (248) 346-7870.
- Bow Markers and Launch Site: The bow markers will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own. The Dock Master at the launch site on the bathing beach near the Detroit Yacht Club will check your crews in for each race. All launching will be from the beach to maintain scheduling and race control. Return all bow markers as you return to the launch site after your race.
- The Race Course: will be one mile in length. The start is at the Detroit Yacht Club and the finish is at the middle of the Detroit Boat Club's main dock. The traffic control will be reviewed at the Coaches, Coxswains, & Scullers Meeting prior to the start of racing. A course and traffic map will be posted at the launch site for your review. If you have any questions, at any time, the clerk of the course and staff will be happy to help you!