18th Annual Saratoga Invitational
- Apr 25, 2014 To Apr 27, 2014
- Fish Creek
- Saratoga Springs, NY (USA)
- Hosted By: Saratoga Rowing Association, Inc./ Saratoga Springs High School
- USRowing Registered (Self-Insured regatta)
- Novice is defined as - Any Rower who began rowing AFTER August 25th, 2013 (regardless sweep/scull). With so many coaches "defining" the word 'novice' as they want, I figured it was time to put an exact date on it. There are 4v & 5v events to enter, so no worries what to do with those kids.
- Freshmen = any rower in 9th grade or younger.
- Junior B Events = Athletes that will NOT reach the age of 17 in 2014.
- "Junior" events = in keeping with Scholastic definitions = all athletes must be 11th grade or younger to enter this category of racing.
- In order to have a 2v, you MUST have a 1V. In order to have a 3v, you MUST have a 2v.....and so on.
- Middle School Coxed Quads = 6th, 7th, and/or 8th graders ONLY please.
- On Sunday, athletes who rowed in the Championship events, cannot be entered into the later events after the break. You cannot rerow kids from the Championship events, into 2v, 3v, 4v, etc.
- A Team gets to register 30 entries under the Cap. A team may enter more entries, but will pay an additional $1350 for the next 30 entries, or $50 per entry (whichever is smaller). Last year, several teams went well beyond 30 entries. However, the average was 26 entries, so 30 was chosen to accomodate the vast majority of teams. Upon entering your 31st entry, the SRA Business Manager will invoice you for the entries past 30. In most cases, once a team enters 15 boats, the next 15 are bonus. Have fun using the opportunity to enter various lineups, against so many great teams! It should be helpful to gauge your lineups with the Regional Regattas coming soon after.
- For the first time, a scratch fee will be incorporated. Any boat scratched once the racing has begun (Friday April 24th), will have the fee applied. This fee is $25 and will be invoiced after the regatta weekend. A team will not be allowed enter the following year unless they are squared-up. Last year, over 200 changes were made during the week of the race. The amount of time/effort it took to accomodate so many changes needs to be applied elsewhere. In addition, every scratched entry means another team was not allowed to enter that category.
- We will be using a 10-Lane course this year. The mad rush to enter everything possible will not be necessary. We should have plenty of lanes to race on. Please do NOT just enter every event to the max amount per team. The changes should give everyone enough space to enter what they need. Hopefully, we will finish earlier as well.
- Remember, all small boats (1x, 2x, 2-) are held on Friday night. Big boats Start on Saturday morning.
Team Tent Sites can be reserved and paid for at www.saratogarowing.com