5th Annual New England Junior & High School Regional Championship Regatta
- Oct 12, 2014
- Lake Quinsigamond
- Worcester, MA (USA)
- Hosted By: Lake Quinsigamond Community Rowing, Shrewsbury High School Crew
- USRowing Registered
Region: This regatta is open to all junior and high school programs within New England. New England is defined as the following states: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut.
- New York Exceptions: Schools from the state of New York will be allowed to compete in the Jr. Category.
High School (HS) is a scholastic championship open to programs which:
- are SINGLE SCHOOL or District with a SINGLE Athletic Director,
- row as above for the entire fall under the school name, AND
- are a HS varsity sport or club sport under direction of the Athletic Director or Principal.
-Members of the NEIRA are automatically included.
-All programs that do not meet the above standard shall race in the Junior division.
-Programs that fall under the Junior category include:
-Multiple school composite programs
All eligibility will ultimately be decided by the Regatta Director, whose decisions are final.
- Novice Rowers: To row as a novice, a competitor must be no older than a freshman or in his/her first calendar year of rowing.
- Double Entries: Double entries are not allowed between two sweep events. Double entries of athletes between a sweeps and a sculling event is allowed. Coxswains will be allowed to double-cox on a limited basis to improve safety.