BLAST (Bachman Lake Annual Sprint Trials)
- Mar 21, 2015 To Mar 22, 2015
- Bachman Lake
- Dallas, TX (USA)
- Hosted By: Dallas Rowing Club
Click here for the 2014 USRowing Rules of Rowing.
Registration for The BLAST
1. All entries should be paid for on RegattaCentral.com. Crews who require alternative arrangements for payment should contact Sonja Turner at Sonja.email@example.com.
2.There is a 25 entry maximum per Novice event. Each club/program will be allowed 3 entries and any additional entries will be waitlisted. After the deadline for registration, waitlisted entries will be added to reach 25 entries and payment for those entries will be due upon registration acceptance.
3. Liability waivers, US Rowing and Dallas Rowing Club, should be signed by each competitor.
4. No entry fees will be refunded on scratches made after the registration deadline. Please email scratches to Sonja Turner at Sonja.firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the regatta and inform the Dockmaster on late scratches March 20th-21st for Youth and Masters.
5. All crews are required to check-in at the registration desk Friday, March 20th from 3:00 to 6:00pm to clear up any business prior to racing. Please make an effort to complete all registration matters by Friday March 20th if possible.
The BLAST will be following US Rowing rules on lightweight rowers. Weigh-ins will be conducted at 6:00am to 7:30am on the day of racing. Should a rower weigh-in over 1 pound, they will be allowed one additional reweigh-in during the time listed above. If a rower exceeds the 1 pound weigh-in, they will not be allowed to reweigh. Lightweight men no more than 160 pounds; Youth men no more than 150 pounds; and lightweight women no more than 130 pounds.
Friday & Saturday Practice
Crews can practice on Friday, March 20th 2-6pm. Coaches please take the time to familiarize your rowers with the traffic pattern on Bachman Lake. Please note that there will be NO EMT or safety launch available on the water during practice times so practice at your own risk.
Saturday practice – Once all Youth racing is complete and volunteers have cleared the lake Master rowers may practice. Please note that you must be familiar with the traffic patterns as NO EMT or launch will be present.
Racing Times Saturday
RACING will start Saturday, March 21st at 7:30am.
We will make every effort, as in years past, to put on a safe regatta. Our objective is to provide as much racing as is possible for all.