The 20th Annual Don Lubbers Cup Regatta
- Apr 11, 2015 To Apr 12, 2015
- Spring Lake, MI (USA)
- Hosted By: Grand Valley State University Rowing Club
- 2016 Registered Regatta
20th Annual Lubbers Cup Regatta on Spring Lake
Saturday and Sunday, April 11 and 12, 2015
- Pre-registration is required for $50. The team registration fee is paid on RegattaCentral to allow for FREE entries. This is the only fee for this event.The Lubbers Cup fee will appear on your regatta invoice listed as a 'Team Registration Fee'.
- T-shirts and housing are FREE to all competitors if Pre-Registered, waivers are completed through USRowing, and entry information is complete.
- Late entries are $10 per person
Course Length and Format
- 2000 Meters
- Double Dual format. 2 - 3 lane racing with open lanes for added crews or B boats.
- Two buoy lines.
- Special launch designated for announcer and coaches to follow races (Henley style - 2 tickets per crew per race.).
- Races announced and videotaped by GVSU Media. Races will be broadcast LIVE via the Internet.
- Additional information available at http://lubberscup.com/
- High School Races will be run from 12:00 - 2:00pm Saturday.
Grand Valley Eastern Michigan
Michigan Grand Valley
Michigan State Purdue
Purdue Kansas (Club)
Clarkson U. Ohio State
Sample Format for all 8's:
AM1 = Men – GV vs. Ill.
UM vs. MSU
PU vs. Cincy
AM1 = Women – EMU vs. Drake
GV vs. PU
Cincy vs. Ill.
Medals & Awards
- Medals and trophies be awarded on Sunday following the last event of the weekend by total points system.
- Fours will be combined but medalled seperately by category. (F/N, Lt.Wt. or 2V and 1V)
- Betting shirts are mandatory or there is a $10. per person entry fee. Payable to the GVSU Rowing Club.
- Gymnasium housing is available for Friday and Saturday nights. We will need an approximate number of people requiring housing from your club.